Gold Rush Days

So yesterday I went to visit the 'rents, err, I mean Brenda's parents so we could go to Gold Rush Days, Dahlonega's annual festival. I'd been a bit of a hermit lately and I knew the parents wanted to see me *G*. Of course, another draw was festival food, LOL. I parked at their house and then Mary and I walked to the festival, which is the beauty of a small town. The live close enough to walk into the heart of the city, LOL. Unfortunately, I put on sandals I bought 9 months ago but never wore. Needless to say, I have a couple of blisters today.

The first thing we did was get food. Mary wanted a gyro and I love them so that was our first stop. These suckers were huge! So we grabbed them and our drinks and walked to the park to sit down and eat. Too bad we were so excited about our food we forgot to grab napkins and mom is a messy eater, LOL. Since the gyro was so huge I didn't finish it, a girl has to prioritize stomach room and it's a good thing I did, a couple of places gave samples, yummmm candied pecans (if the sold smaller bags I would have bought some but I didn't need $6 worth) and there was a fried apple pie that was delish! Mom says she knows how to make them, good to know. Oh yes, we also had a sample of some pumpkin bread. When we weren't sampling we wandering the different booths checking out the jewelry and crafts. I got a fabulous new pendant. It's not a great pic of it but you'll see me wearing it a lot in the future *G*. Mom also got a new necklace from a different vendor.

After a couple a couple of hours we were both pooped and had digested enough to get the roasted corn. I'm a sucker for fair/festival corn. We also grabbed some lemonades and butterfly potatoes (they looked like fries but were too oily and soggy, bummer) and a funnel cake as well as a corn dog for dad and headed home with our bootie. Once we got back I kicked off of my shoes and we feasted on their back porch until it was time for me to go home. The ride back was a killer though because everyone else was leaving at the same time and my hour drive became an hour and a half. Luckily I didn't go for the turkey leg like I wanted to (mom said no, LOL).

BTW, I have only heard from a couple of you over the fact I'm in the DEDICATION of BLOODFEVER!!!! So if you were in such a rush to start reading that you didn't notice go back and read Karen's wonderful words to me. Good thing I didn't let it get to my head, my head was already big *G*.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

As soon as I see it hon, I'll be sure and post. Postage to the bottom of the universe at the moment seems to be going by giant sea turtle and should be here on the 4th of November. *sigh* BUT I will be sure to check you and your famousness out toot sweet.

Anonymous said...

Yum, I love festival food too. Elephant ears and fries with vinegar are two of my faves!

Brenda said...

Congrats on your dedication. The fam was very impressed too.
Your new pendant is beautiful and dragons just happen to be my Chinese horoscope symbol. Maybe you should let me borrow it. LOL.
You beat me out on the festival food. My small, cold, ucky hamburger came nowhere near your gyro, corn or funnel cake. Sadly, I made the bad decision to pass on the turkey legs. (What are elephant ears?)

Bo said...

Festival food kicks ass! I love being able to get so much variety in one place.Yes,me,who is so un-adventurous in the eating dept.,LOL! I usually stuff myself at festivals,fairs,etc.The candied pecans sound good-they do cinnamon roasted almonds here in the mall at Christmas,yum!

You know I love dragons and black & green are some of my fave colors! Love the pendant! I wonder if it would go with that green dress you've worn,maybe?

Heh heh,I read the dedication sitting in the parking lot of the mall after I bought BF.It was all I dared read while there,I would've sat in the parking lot all day,LOL.I'm still researching for my latest BF theories,a re-read of MINE is up next,I may be awhile,LOL.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, an elephant ear is kind of similar to a funnel cake. It is a huge piece of fried dough (larger than a plate) with either cinnamon, powdered sugar or fruit on it. Yum yum.

Brenda said...

Mmmmmm. Elephant ears sound delish. I've never tried fries with vinegar either. I'll put almost anything in my mouth...at least once. LOL!

Leiha said...

Sarah, you are going to love love love it! Make sure you let me know what you think, even if you don't love it but I know you will, LOL.

I don't think I've had fries with vinegar but I have heard of it. I'd b willing to try, hey, they're fries, LOL. I believe Nancy is a big fan of the elephant ear.

LOL, I don't think so Brenda! I haven't broken my necklace in yet. Girl, you know I'm all about the food!

Bo, I used to only ever go the big fair in Everett just for the food! Yummmmm! I have so many green dresses this year. The necklace will go perfectly! I can't wait to read your theories!

Brenda, don't you mean you'll put anything in your mouth, at least twice? EG!