I missed the vanpool...

OK, truth I have missed the vanpool more than usual lately. I think it is a sign that my tight schedule to get from bed to the car in 15 minutes is jut a little too tight.

Incident number one... I lost my pants. How does someone loose their pants you ask? I am not really sure, it is not like I am taking them off at strangers houses or anything. Part of the plan in the morning is to plan what I am going to wear during the awake/dreaming I do while snoozing my alarm for a half hour. Most mornings by the time I HAVE to get out of bed I know what I am going to throw on. I only have a few pairs of pants that fit right now, so if the planed pair of pants is missing and the others are dirty that throws a serious wrench in the 15 minute schedule. That morning I did finally find an old pair of khaki's that were baggy enough that everyone noticed I had lost weight that day. The good news is I did find my pants that night when I was not running around like a crazy woman, they were in the dresser drawer. Really - who looks where they should be first?

Incident two... My shower gel was to bubbly. I swear, it took so long to rinse off it made me late and I missed the darn van. They have this great new body wash at Bath and Body works, it is Mentha Body - it smells wonderfully minty and is a little tingly like the menthol lip gloss they have. I figured this might give me exactly the jump start I needed in the mornings. The first time I used it though, I really wanted a jump start so I put lots on my scrunchy. Turns out more is not better, and I was rinsing the tingly suds from me forever. LOL I smelled so minty I was waiting for people to ask if I was chewing gum. I have since learned a small amount goes a long way and not over lathered.

It was after this incident that I started thinking perhaps my morning schedule could use some work. Maybe add 5 more minutes? Perhaps some of those cute new contract workers we just hired might be more interested in me if I didn't go to work with wet hair, no makeup and wrinkly clothes... Heck - at least I am clean and smell good, right?
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Girl you and Ian are made from the same gene pool--and that is not a good thing!

He too believes in waiting until the very last minute to get up b/c sleep is soooo important (so if sleep is that important then don't stay up half the night when you know you have to get up early for work--opps my demon mom voice just came out!)

Anyway where was I--oh yeah-- sleeping to the very last minute and leaving the house for work and hoping he makes it to ON TIME! DRIVES THIS MAMA CRAZY!!

15 minutes! All you both need it to give up another 15 minutes of sleep!! With that sacrafice you two would find you will not miss a thing---van pools & work included!

Melissa said...

LOL @ Nancine.

Sorry you missed the bus, and I do feel for you, but just love the way you tell it.

Me, I hate mornings. I could go to bed two hours early, and I'll still be hitting the snooze button for 30 minutes the next morning.
I had to start setting my clock 30 minutes earlier so I could get up on time.

Bo said...

LOL,Nanner! That is the way I feel about most mornings-as long as I am clean & smell good,the rest can slide.I guess I am lucky b/c my job is ultra-casual,so when I go back to work it will be jeans & a tank top if I wish *G* The hair gets thrown in a ponytail after it's dry.

I was in B&BW the other day,how did I miss that stuff? I like mint,I will have to get some next time I shop there.

I was really bad at hitting the snooze at my last job.And even though I keep my alarm set 10 mins fast,I still did it over & over and was late.I think you have to wean yourself off the snooze gradually,like one less press a week,maybe,LOL.

Leiha said...

nancy, I can't believe you allow yourself 15 minutes. I think you should go for 30! That would be minimum for me and I'm a no fuss no muss kind of gal when it comes to getting ready. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to RUN everyday for the door LOL.