7 Deadly Sins, 30 yr. olds, Traffic Delays, Oh My!

Sorry Ladies, Linda here, better late than never. However that brings me to my rant today! Freeway traffic and everything else!! This weekend My parents & I drove to Seattle for my Nephew's birthday. It even included a guest appearance by Nancine! More on that later! We have a routine that we always follow. Keep in mind my parents are in their 80's and Mom just had her hip replaced...So they drive to my house about 45 mins. and then I drive from Portland to Bellevue. We always stop at Shari's in Kelso for Breakfast.

Well, I get up (blearily) because the cute twentysomething neighbor boys had a party Friday night and I stopped by after I got home. Of course it was loud, drinking games were played and I tripped and fell....HUGE Bruise!!! My Dad calls, they are running late...Oh good! Time to get coffee..Oh wait, I don't have any milk.. Then we get on the road after our Starbucks run and stop for Breakfast, everything is overcooked, they wouldn't bring the check etc. Back on the Road. My Bro wants us to check out a new Marriott Courtyard instead of the old reliable. My parents room is not ready. It's just one of those days. They party was nice, about 20 for dinner and Banana Splits. Nancine comes over, I had offered to have her stay with me and go to Brunch on Sun. So she fits right in and there are fireworks too! After than my parents are ready to go, so we go back to the hotel. Just enough time for Last Call at the Bar.

I'm going to avoid talking about trying to find 2 parking spaces in the Hotel spots because there was an "event" going on! After a while the Bartender finally takes out order. We are chatting and talking about what's been going on. After a little bit of shared personal info, we try to think on what are the "7 Deadly Sins". We are brainstorming, the cut guy who sat next to Nancine was helping. We were stuck at 6 for the longest time. Finally I couldn't believe we had forgotten greed! Ladies - if you need conversation starters - This one worked like a charm. FYI Then we got into chatting about other things and the Bartender was joining in as well. We then were guessing his age. Nancine said 27, I said 31. Gabe was 30. In the past week, I have spent more time with 30 yr. olds than people my own age. What's up with that????

We have a nice Brunch, go back to my Bro's and then my Dad of course wants to get back on the road. It is only 11:15. Yes, Nancine had to get up early!!! LOL He gets overruled by a classic car show and my Niece's Soccer Game. Which they won, she made 2 goals and got a penalty called on her!! So we are leaving around 2:30 pm. Normally it takes 2.5 hrs. In Tacoma, there is a Freeway sign saying "ALL LANES ON I5 SB are closed" Find and alternate route! OK - That's fine for people who live there, but we were stuck on the Freeway in Tacoma for 1.5 hrs. until we finally were routed around. There had been a major accident, but my question is why does it take so long to gather the evidence?? At least after another Starbuck's stop, Dad did not bring up that had we left when he wanted, we would have avoided it. Oh well! I can't believe all of the bad drivers out there! So sorry to vent, but I just got home and am having a glass of wine!

Can you name the 7 Deadly sins? Do you hang out with people considerably younger? Do you get Road Rage? All in my weekend apparently!!
Share on Google Plus

About sparkle

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Sounds like an adventure from beginning to end LOL But you had Nancine so all is well LOL
I do NOT enjoy traveling to new large cities just because of that sort of thing, if there's a wreck (or construction) you usually don't know the ways around.
The seven deadly sins, hmmm
1. Gluttony
2. Greed
3. Rage
4. Sloth
5. Lust
6. Pride
7. Envy
I had to wrack my brain for a while to remember the last 2 of them...

I have found that most of my friends are at least 5-7 years older than me, or 10-12 years younger LOL

I hope your bruise isn't too painful, and it heals fast, miss ya chica!

Sarah said...

I suffer from a bit of the old road rage, grumpy old ladyitus - case in point... telling the kids next to me at the movies on Saturday that they needed to be quiet and that there were other seats free in the theatre! Harumph! And then the next two along, who were smooching that they could also move!

Stuck in traffic sucks, and hope your head is better! As for hanging out, our group is all kinda the same age but I do have some older mates!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Nice job, Aims!

And now to start checking them off! Wait! I've already done all of them!! Time to come up with more sins!!!!

Sarah, I hate it when people talk loudly during movies! I don't mind a few whispers here and there, but no long conversations!

Chez said...

Weeeeeeell I wouldn't have been able to name them all, but probably practice most of them.

I adore having friends of differing ages as it keeps it interesting. Sounds like you had a wild and wooly time of it, sorry about the bruise though. :)

NancyB said...

As always I had a fabulous time with Linda... But what she seens to have forgotten was that the nice man at the bar that was helping us list was infatuated with her. I swear at one point he almost shoved me out of the way to give her his card! I was taking flirting notes, but I dont know that I will ever be up to the level of the guru Linda.

Leiha said...

I hang out with people younger, in fact I prefer men who are younger, LOL. I want someone who can keep up with me EG! I don't really get road rage other then getting pissed if I don't get the courtesy wave. Lina did a 7 deadly sins tribure to me on Karen's message board. I wonder why I would make her think of them?

Nancy, I hope that you weren't injured in his rush to get to Linda, LOL.