The birthday adventures continue...

Today Dao along with our friend Christine went out for my birthday lunch. I was in the mood for steak! I needed a nice hunk of barely cooked meat LOL. We went to a new place for us called Dantanna's which is a sports bar but they have great steaks and seafood. I was going for the steak. I very rarely go out for a steak dinner or rather lunch as the case may be, LOL. I ordered the ribeye rare (after that debacle with my overcooked prime rib the last time), D had fish tacos and C had the crab cake. We all agreed mine was the best. Of course we sampled everyone's dishes. Since we were celebrating the birth of me we decided to split a dessert. Do you know how tought that is? We had to go all the way down the menu before we all agreed on one. The winner was a white cake with almond sprinkles and strawberries. I thought the cake was a little dense but the frosting was great so I kept eating, LOL. The waitress had put a candle in my cake so the girls started singing. I told them the best present would be if they didn't sing so of course they sang LOUDER! Thank goodness the place was practically empty.

The had a cigar bar in the back and D wanted me to ask the hostess for a cigar box for her. I wouldn't so she did it herself and turns out they have a pile of them that they throw out so back we went to the cigar bar and started rummaging through them. They were awesome! Some wooden ones, all different colored ones all in great shape. We were going crazy. One would be great to hold my computer cables, another to hold the soaps in my bathrom and some just decorative. The guys who were hanging out in the cigar bar were laughing their butts off but we didn't mind, even when we all walked out with a stack of cigar boxes up to our heads, LOL. What a great lunch! The best part was the company, we spent the entire meal laughing and joking and just enjoying the girl time.

I received my new phone in the mail. It's a verizon xv6700. I decided earlier this year I needed a new phone so I could have bluetooth capapbility. I got tired of replacing my headsets. Then Lina came alone with her internet accessible phone and I decided I needed it once I saw she could update my blog while we were driving! Oh the joy! For you of course, LOL. So I get my phone yesterday and what can't I figure out? How to hook up the bluetooth and how to set up my email. Shoot, it took me awhile just to figure out how to dial the sucker, LOL. But the guys at verizon were so helpful and I'm almost good to go. Still somethig off with my email but other then that I'm cruising. Which is the perfect time because it's almost vacation time!

This Thursday Linda will be joining me, on Friday Mich, Ana, Lina and Barb will be flying in and Sat will be Nancy and Sunday will be Su. We're going on a road trip to Charleston! Why a road trip and not go directly to Charleston? Umm, because where is Swinging Richard's located? They can't come so far and not check it out, LOL. I really wish we could take pics there just to take pics of some of the girls' faces but it'll be burned in my memory for awhile.

So I will have a houseful off girls, thank goodness for BAM who had air mattresses and sheets aplenty (she'll be joining us in Charleston later) which mean this week I have spent cleaning. And you know I don't like to over exert myself so yesterday I swept. Today I swiffered and tomorrow the dreaded tub. OK, it's not that dreaded I just have to go buy scrubbing bubbles, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

I had my barely cooked hunk of meat for dinner a couple nights ago,mmmm! *G* It was utter bliss.

I want to get a RazR phone but that will have to wait until I go back to work,then I can give my Mom my current phone since hers is such a piece of crap.

My Dads family is from SC but we nevervisited Charleston,lucky for me I know you will take pics! *G* Have fun with the girls!

sparkle said...

I should hope that you clean the tub! My concern is that I will be arriving hungry on West Coast time, but late on East Coast time! Leiha - Get thee to a grocery store to stock up! LOL

What fun at Dan Tanna's! You know I'm just waiting for you to come back for steak! Glad you got some cigar boxes! You can make a great handbag from them as well!!!

Glad you have your phone almost set-up! Someday I'll use mine for the Internet! LOL Can't wait to help the Birthday celebration continue!

Brenda said...

Sometimes, nothing else will do but a juicy hunk of meat, eh? Hehehe

You and Lina are so far ahead of me on the tecchie stuff. Mr. BAM was impressed and might ask you for advice. LOL!

I love cigar boxes. Next time I visit, maybe we can swing buy and snag some more boxes. There are many crafty type things you can do with them. (I'm thinking Christmas)

I'm looking forward to this trip and your continuing birthday-month adventure.

Leiha said...

Bo I'm glad that you're back on rare meat! Woo hoo!

I am not a big fan of flip phones. Today I used my bluetooth, it was nice. The problem is I can't figure out what beep means what on my phone, LOL.

Pics definitely on the agenda:)

I'll make sure the tub is cleaned before you get here chick, of course, it may be JUST before, LOL.

The cigar boxes were a total score. I'm excited.

Tell Mr BAM I'll teach him whatever he needs to know, LOL.

Dantanas is right down the street from me so we can swing by anytime. I may have to wear a disguise though LOL.