Today was my last day at work

It's sort of weird actually. I don't know what to feel. I've worked there over 8 years, 4 times longer then I've ever worked anywhere and it was a great job. The pay sucked but the benefits of working there were wonderful and now I have voluntarily left that job and am moving to Portland with my sister where neither of us have a job or a place to live. Not my normal MO.

It's an exciting time but scary too. I like stability in my life. To change everything all at once is a shock to the system. I think when I walk into my apt it's very clear how much my life is in chaos. I have boxes everywhere, clothes strewn about and it's all just utter chaos. I have less then a week to get myself organized. EAK!

This move has also made me realize what wonderful friends I have. Part of the reason my apt is such a mess is because I've been making an effort to spend time with all of them. Turns out, I really like the people in my life and it's taken me moving to truly appreciate how much I love them and how much I will miss them. The best thing about my friends, they allow me to be myself and trust me, they put up with a lot. It's not easy keeping a Queen happy:)
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I can sort of understand your feelings of "weirdness", I moved from OR to WA with no plans, but it turned out to be a most wonderful adventure!
Hug those friends close, good ones are hard to come by, especially the the ones who allow the freedom to be yourself.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! It seems only yesterday you told me your were moving and now the time is HERE!
Girlfriend you are such part CAT (WEG!) so you will land on your feet for sure!! Besides since nobody did our ears a HUGH favor and did you in at the "Croak-ee" bars you frequent--then you have at least 8 more lives to live too!

Enjoy this rollercoast ride girlie-and know that I'm sitting next to you screaming, crying and laughing with you and ready to get back in line to do it all over again!!

Love you BFF almost and sure am glad I don't have to help you move!
Sloppy Kisses!

PS I'll call you this week!

Anonymous said...

Portland has no clue what is getting ready to land in their laps ! LOL
You'll be fine Nookie...you know that deep down or would not have done this. I'm curious WHY you picked Oregon ? The US has many, many places to relocate. What drew you both there ? You don't hear many people say... One day when I make it big I'm moving to Oregon like you do, say, Aspen or something. So now I'm curious what is in Oregon? I've never been there nor do I have any cyber friends there.
I'm having less time on the computer lately, but I'll try to check in now and then.
I'm thinking of you !

Leiha said...

Aimee, you are quick on the draw, LOL. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I owe you an em, I promise to get caught up soon.

Mich, I am honored. You are very picky where you post. LOL, I'm sure some people thought I was killing a cat late Sat night when I was singing:) I truly know that you are there for me. You know I love you like an almost best friend forever.

Jaycee, I had a friend who said that I should be the Empress Goddess of Portland, I liked that title, LOL. I picked OR because my sister wanted out of WA but I wanted closer to family so this was a nice compromise and I never move anywhere where I don't know anyone and Sandra and Linda T will be my neighbors. Actually, I originally chose Bend, OR (where I have another good friend) but my other sister wanted us to be closer so she could visit more often and since the cost of living was the same, Portland it was! I'll miss you this year but can't wait to hear all of the baby details! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Leiha, you have LOTS of us cheering for you & praying that you get settled soon so we can come visit.. *EG* Can't wait to hear about all your new advantures!!

Love ya, Linda

Anonymous said...

A hideous darkness enveloped Los Angeles while I was stuck in traffic on the 101. So I tuned into KCRW for the usual smog alert. Hearing none, when I got home I turned on KTLA Channel 5 for the local weather forecast, expecting to learn of an early El Nino dooming So.Cal with its overcast skies. There was no El Nino.

And then, while scouring the Internet for answers to L.A.'s suddenly bleak landscape, I came across the blog "The Adventures of Being Me."

Worse than killer smog...more devastating than El Nino....Leiha is gone.

R.I.P.
Angelino Leiha