Karaoke 3 weeks in a row, now that's a party!



I don't beleive I mentioned the fact below that I went to work this morning with less then four hours sleep. I think I've finally recovered from last night, or should I say this morning. Yesterday we celebrated my fellow kickboxer, neighbor and great friend, Julie's birthday. She had what I consider a succesful merging of the worlds, with friends from all aspects of her life. We had a great dinner at LaLas, my fave Argentinian place (skirt steak slathered in mushrooms, soo good) where we proceeded to spend the dinner laughing our butts off and then we headed to the King King club to dance. Julie says that the music was deep house, all I know is it wasn't the 80s pop that I know and love, LOL. It really wasn't my scene but the company was great, the booze reasonable and the drinks strong so we had a great time. Next thing you know it's last call but the hardcore partyers (lol) wanted the night to continue and hey, it was Julie's birthday (almost) so I suggested karaoke (my go to form of entertainment) and Julie was just drunk enough to agree. We dropped off Carmello's car (dave jr.) at the apt and I switched purses so I could bring in a bottle of tequila (for a change I was smart and didn't continue drinking, Julie on the other hand...). The other rockers were Dave, Brian L and his gf. After 1 drink I have no control over what is a very limited range to begin with so it was not a pretty sound coming out of my throat since I had way more then 1 drink that night and I was extremely loud as my sore throat can attest to but we had a blast! Julie and I decided that Dave should be fronting his lesbian rock band, not playing bass. Finally Brian said thhey had to go, it was 5:30am after all.

Today was more rough because of the hangover and lack of sleep but somehow I have made it through. The double doubles that Julie and I ate to feed the beast were wonderful. It was a wonderful way to spend my last Saturday in Los Angeles with great friends, lost of laughter and karaoke!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :