The big day

This is it. I'm heading out of town. Of course, first I have to get Kathy and David up and moving. When Gramer flaked David stepped up to the plate, sometimes it's nice to have so many brothers, not all of the time, but sometimes:) Of course, my living room looks like a tornado went through it, it became messier once they got here but I figure if we just atart loading things up it will start to look better. My friend Steph is picking up my bed. I forgot that she needed one, so it's a good thing we had drinks the other night. I have to leave my big bookshelf but it's going to a great home. Michelle loves books too so she will fill it with goodies (although I prefer my book selection to hers, LOL). Javier will also be here this morning to help with load in, plus I need to tell him some things, like where the laundry room is and not to put things on the shower window, etc. Once we're loaded up we're going to go get our oil changed, yes, I procrastinated everything, and THEN it's time to hit the road.

I've already made plans with Linda to meet up with her for what will probably be for dinner. She's going to drive near the 5 to meet up with us:) I knew I had to talk my sister, the road warrior, into letting us stop there or else Linda would have kicked both of our butts, LOL. The rest of the ride would have been uncomfortable with sore backsides *G*. Unfortunately, David is not quite the road warrior that Kathy is so she figures Dave and I will be switching off all of the time and she'll be driving her car. I'm going to TRY and prove her wrong and try to dryve at least 2 1/2 hours before I poop out! Actually, I have a book on tape so I think that's going to help alot. I did the same thing when I went to Vegas last time and it made the trip so much more enjoyable. Sure, I still stopped to take a nap but the driving part was more fun.

As soon as I can I will pop on to let you know that I got home safely. The plan is to drive up to WA and then once I get there I can work on getting us a place in Portland. Kathy has a place in mind so once we fill out the application hopefully we'll be moving in there soon. I need to get Casa de Leiha ready for visitors. Of course, that means, I need to buy a bed too but one step at a time:) Pray for good weather today.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :