The long goodbye


I have to say, I'm pretty good with goodbyes. I'm a military child and former military myself, I've said a lot of goodbyes in my life and I don't get emotional about it. If a friendship is meant to last, it will and if not, then I'll remember it fondly. Luckily, it's so easy to keep in contact with people I fully plan on keeping the friends I've acquired since I moved to LA.

One of my favorites is Ritchie! I met when I started at the museum. He's the Jack to my Karen (without the pills and money). I'll be honest, I love my gays and I love Ritchie most of all. We eat together, we gossip, we shop, he reins me in when I want to go crazy with my clothes and there's an easy affection between us. I love walking down the street arm in arm or hand in hand with him. The biggest thing he brought to my life was laughter. We laugh all of the time. We laugh at each other, ourselves and everyone else. Everything is free game. Tonight was our last night together. He came over to help me pack and clear out some things I was donating and then a few of our friends joined us and we went out for drinks and then Ritchie and I went to dinner with someone else, ran some more errands (important things like getting an ice cream from 7-11) and then he dropped me off tonight. Tonight's goodbye was the first time I got a little teary eyed saying goodbye since I decided to move to Portland. I will miss my #1 and the fun we had just doing the stupidest of things.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Ok I know Ritchie is your #1 gay... So that makes me wonder... what does your #1 gay think of your boobies in his face? Boy, you give a girl a couple drinks. :)
I am so excited to have you up in the Great Northwest, but I didnt know we needed reservations! Dont worry if there are no rooms at the Inn I will just take your bed!

Leiha said...

Well isn't it obvious? My number was enjoying himself, LOL. The sad thing there is I think I was sober. Of course, I could be wrong, LOL.

Don't worry Nancy, there's always room for you, we'll make a pallet somewhere on the floor for you when you want to come visit.