Packing vs Unpacking

Why is it that packing is so much more painful then unpacking? It's taking me days and days and I'm still not done. I will pack a couple of boxes and then decide that I'm exhausted and take a nap, then of course, I'm hungry and then my soaps are on and of course, I'm in the middle of a great book so I have to read some (a book that I've already read, Charlaine Harris' Living Dead in Dallas, in case you're interested) and because just the thought of packing is so mentally exhausting I must take another nap and let's not forget the hours I lose playing on the internet. Packing has just built itself up into this monstours weight on my shoulders and I don'r really have that much. I just moved 4 months ago, I weeded then, I'm weeding more but still I can't have accumulated that much more stuff since I moved from a studio to a 1 bedroom.

In comparison, when it's time to unpack, I'm a machine. i want everything where it should be as soon as possible. There have been times that I've moved where I am unpacked and settled on the same day of the move. When Nancy B and I moved in together (oh so many years ago) she went to work and the house was all boxes, she came back and everything was put away (I had my siblings help, free labor, love it).

Luckily my friend Javier (who is moving into my apt as soon as I move out) is coming this morning to help me with the packing. I figure if I have help that I can try and stay focused, once I watch last night's episode of Lost.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

LOL Girl!
I hate to pack too, but also like you, I'm a tornado when it comes to unpacking, I want structure damn it!
I say take lots of naps & wait for the cavalry to arrive!