Keep your fingers crossed

I talked to my sister Kathy last night and she says that my brother Gramer will probably be driving down with her. That would be most excellent. Kathy is driving down to help me with my move and she will be driving a car up north as would I. The problem is, I'm not a road warrior. Kathy and Gramer are. If Gramer comes down then he'll be a main driver and I can be a relief driver because really, I'm only good for a couple of hours at a time.

When I drive to Vegas I have to take a nap halfway during my 4 hour trip. Recently I was driving back from Santa Barbara and it took everything inside of me to not pull over and take a nap, it was only an hour and a half drive! Gramer probably won't want me to drive much anyways. He helped me drive from MD to WA when I got out of the army. In my defense, I hadn't had a license for very long and we were pulling a UHaul behind us. We were in the St Louis area and were going to stop in and visit some friends so I leaned over to shake my brother awake to ask him where I exit and we were going around a curb and I didn't slow down like I since learned that I should, so my brother woke up to the site of a semi driving towards us. That UHaul whipped us around extremely quickly, LOL. Needless to say, my brother was awake and he drove the rest of the way home. So keep yhour fingers crossed that Gramer joins us so the 16 hour trip doesn't become a 25 hour trip, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Oh Leiha, I so hope your brother comes down with Kathy, I'll worry a LOT less knowing your NOT doing much driving..*G*

Later, Linda

Leiha said...

Will, they are both fabulous places to visit, extremely different but lots of fun.

LOL, as soon as I get a definite confirmation I will let you know so you don't worry. I'm calling my brother tomorrow.

I am definitely still coming to Vegas Ann! Where else would I be? You know I hate to miss any of the fun, LOL, This year you have to at least have a drink with me. We have tons of catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

God Golly Miss Molly I didn't realize what a minis you are on the road! No wonder your brothers are always coming to your moving rescue!! BTW my brain has already inputted "no road trips w/Leiha" into it's short and long term bememory banks--let's just hope I can pull it out whenever I'm tempted to get in the car w/you!!

Sloppy Kisses BFF almost!! "-)

Leiha said...

LOL, that's funny coming from you Ms Mich! I am an excellent driver, just not for very long periods of time:)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I had a similar driving story with my brother too! We were moving from Denver to the Detroit area and decided to drive straight through. We were driving an 18 foot U-Haul and towing a car behind. It was his turn to snooze, and he said to wake him up before we hit Gary, Indiana. Well, next thing you know, we were there. People were most interested in getting the h#ll out of my way with 25 feet of metal barreling down on them! Thanks for reminding me of our roadtrip! Karen

Leiha said...

LOL, it seems we have more in common then we thought.