The diet begins...

I have to first admit my sins. I was only able to eat one meal on Thursday. So much for my eat early eat often mantra! I was just too full. I took pics but haven't downloaded the pics yet so I'll talk more about about Thanksgiving once I dl them.

My friend has been extolling the virtues of the low carb diet so I am going to give it a shot. Keep in mind I am a person who normally doesn't last more then a day but I do love meat and cheese. The loss of fruit will be difficult but I just found out I can still eat a lot of veggies. Aimee, I know you do the low carb diet, do you have any simple favorite recipes or snacks?

So my sister Kimberly is coming to town. It's sort of last minute but you know I love visits from my family and I'm going to make her help me with my Christmas shopping and my move, he he he! I think she will enjoy one more then the other. She never reads my blog so I can talk about her all I want while she is here.

More good new is we found an apartment! Now I just need to figure out my move. I was going to move after Christmas but now it looks like I need to move before then. I guess I should let Lina know. Now the reason I will be changing my plans is because I may be having a visitor before Lina even gets to town. People really want to visit me in FL, LOL. I think Lina and I will have a revolving door.

Our place has a river view, is a 2 bed 2 bath and has it's own washer/dryer (a big selling point for me, LOL). It is also .6 miles to the beach, has a pool and is close to Embry Riddle where Lina will be going to school. The bad news is it's on the 6th floor. I'm imagining the moving in factor, ugh! Oh well, it'll be worth it once we get in. I think we're going to rent our living room furniture. We were going to do the furnished route but we would have to pay extra for ugly furniture while I was paying to store mine. It didn't make sense. It will cost me more to move but it's worth it. You know I'm a stuff kind of girl. It's a bummer Lina isn't bringing all of her books down but how much time for reading will we really have?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

Your apartment sounds great. A river view and less than a mile from the beach. I'm definitely going to visit. LOL! Please tell me there's an elevator.
I hope I get to meet your sister while she's here, but you know I avoid stores like the plague during Christmas season.
I'm looking forward to your food pics.

Bo said...

I could never do the low carb diet.Having to do without just the bread would kill me,LOL.I've seen a couple friends do it though and it does work,if you stick to it religiously.Good luck.

Woohoo for the river view,not so much for the 6th floor,LOL.I see your point about the furniture.I hated when I had to look at ugly furniture family gave us,when hubs and I were starting out,and that was free (it was appreciated,but ugly just the same)so I know it would chap MY ass if I had to actually pay to look at ugly stuff,LOL.

I am starting to giggle,b/c all of a sudden I got this picture of you hauling your laptop to the beach so you can work on your tan and work at the same time,LOL.Just remember,sand gets into everything,EG!

Hope you have a great visit w/ your sis!

Anonymous said...

I already told Lina, but if you need help moving in, I can rustle up a crew (I hope). With it being around the holidays there may be less to choose from, but let me know. I'll do my best to help out with the moving crew.

Leiha said...

Brenda, you know that you are welcome anytime! Yes, there's an elevator. Can you imagine me walking up 6 floors all the time? I would really be a hermit then!

The loss of bread isn't that big deal to me. It's the fruit I miss. Bo, I'm not hauling my lap top to the beach to work, I'm hauling it to the pool, EG!

Ana, thank you so much! I already sent you an email and may just take you up on your offer. Can't wait to see you again!