Ann's visit

It is your guest blogger Nancy today :) Your regular guest blogger for today is busy celebrating (translate that into making dinner and a cake) her moms birthday, Happy Birthday Marie!

I was lucky enough to have Ann visit this weekend. I don't know how I lucked out but her new territory is the west coast... It seems like a long commute from Virginia until you take into account the fact that she already has a 100 mile each way commute to work every day. This means she will be out here around once a quarter or so. We already have plans for her next trip.

As an advertisement for hotel Nancy she got to be the first person to sleep in the new blue room, and the room comes with your very own cat. OK, you get the cat weather you like it or not because he thinks that is his bed. The good news is she didn't get bit... very hard while she was here.

We hit Pioneer Square as soon as Ann got here because she had to buy treats for the people she is meeting with on Monday. Once cookies and pumpkin bread was procured it was time to get food for me - I was starving! I was telling Ann I had never had falafel but had always wanted to try it because I love to say it. (Join with me everyone... falafel, falafel, falafel) Well then she explained to me what it was I was like - yeah, I don't want that :) Ann was convinced she has not explained it right so I had a gyros and she had falafel, turns out it was yummy and I would order it again.

Then we headed to the wonderful two story two story toy store, we went an hour over our parking because we became lost in this wonderland of fun! My favorite purchase was my new Happy Bunny bandaids. If these are hard to read let me help, we have "you're ugly and that hurts", "your pain makes me happy" and "cute, but clumsy, things even out". I can't wait to cut myself... or get a hangnail so I can plaster my body with these :)

I am not sure what Ann's favorite purchace was so I will show you what my favorite was... Yes, that is a mime impaled on the unicorns horn, it also comes with irritating church lady and the kiss ass from work. It was a wholesome toy store LOL.

We wound up the night with a nice dinner in Everett with my parents and then staying up till Nancy couldn't keep her eyes open (OK - it was only midnight but I was really sleepy) talking. I don't have any pictures of this day because they are all on Ann's camera... maybe she will email them to me and I can add them...

Today we slept in till 10:30 or so, met up with Debbie O and hit Seattle again. We ate at my favorite gelato place. I had lemon and pistachio, Ann had pumpkin and carmel, and Debbie O had cinnamon and pumpkin. It was Debbie's first gelato experience and I think we have a convert! We hit the Pike Place market and watched fish be thrown and bought tons of tea at the spice store.After this we wandered aimlessly through the market making several more purchases, bath salts, earrings, cheese, t-shirts, book holders, chocolate covered dried cherries and a spice chart. Turns out if your feeling lonely this is the place to be, you can get free hugs:)In our wanderings we found this bright, fun, colorful wall. What could possibly make such a fabulous art piece you ask? Ummm, Su if you are reading this you might want to skip to the next paragraph... chewed gum and gummy treats. Anyone want a taste besides me??Eventually our arms were tired of carrying all our stuff so we hiked back up to get more food. We were momentarily delayed by the vortex that is Borders... we were sucked in and were only stuck there for a half hour or so. A few more purchases later it was dinner, the bath shop for more bath fizzy things and then we had to drop Ann at her hotel. (I am positive her room there does not come with a cat!) It was great fun, but not nearly long enough. Come back soon Ann!
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Cool blog chick. Ann is such a cool visitor, I cannot wait to see her back down this way again. Now we have room for her to stay she may get a room. Without cat however, he is very attached to the teen and rarely leaves his room! Sounds like you had the best day and what is fish throwing????

Anonymous said...

What an awesome treat! I think I'm coming to visit just so I can go to that toy store. What a hoot.

Leiha said...

Damn, I'm exhausted! I would have hd to tell you two to go on without me, LOL. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time together, as if there was any doubt!

I love me some gelato! The one I used to work across had this chocolate covered banana flavor that was so good. Think of light banana ice cream with thin strips of chocolate throughout, yummy!

OK, thos bdnaids are too cute! You should do a Les Nessman from WKRP and where a new bandaid on a different part of your body everyday at work, LOL.

sparkle said...

I'm so glad that you all had fun! Next time I hope to be able to join! Just bad timing! But my dinner & Angel food cake turned out great! Back to take my Mom for her first carpel tunnel surgery! Nancy, I'll try and remember to do your Sunday next week!!!!

zinreads said...

The best part of the trip is definitely the Blue bedroom with Jake! I would highly recommend always sleeping with the cat. Jake purred for me, and tried to tempt me into petting his sexy kitty tummy by repeatedly flashing me with it, but I had been warmed, so I resisted! ( I should mention however, that although Chez Nancine comes with Jake, my room here in Seattle, comes with a vibrator -- serously. It's in a sealed box (with the slogan "Your pleasure is our pleasure") and there is a AA battery taped to the box. It's listed as the "Mini-Max" on the mini-bar menu. I travel for business and I stay at a lot of hotels - upscale and slightly less upscale, but that's a completely new one on me! *ROTFL*

Dinner with Nancy's Mom and Dad was excellent and they were fun and interesting to talk with. And I introduced Nancy to my favorite bath store -- LUSH.

Linda, I left Nancine in charge of the Bearistas I brought for you (Colorado & Washington, DC)

My favorite purchase was the killer unicorn. And I might have to go back for the Killer Bunny card game (the object is to kill the other players bunnies, while making sure your bunny is the last one alive).

All my clients loved the cookies and speciality breads in their meetings today. *g*

Debbie works close enough to my hotel that she met me for dinner tonight -- we have a new favorite drink.... vodka, raspberry liquior, and lemonade. It went well with the sushi. *g*

Sarah, the fish throwing is at a seafood stall -- if you buy a salmon (or other fish), the guys in the back throw the whole fish to the guys in the front of the stall, where they weigh it, wrap it and then let you pay for it. If you google "Flying Fish" and "Seattle" or "Pike's Market", you should find pictures of it. It's pretty funny to watch.

And I am totally coming back to visit you Sarah! I was waiting to mention it as I think it's going to be at least 2 more years. *lol*


Ann

Chez said...

Ooooh I want those bandaids ... and the killer unicorn game, for sure. Sounds like fund and I am stunned and amazed at the lengths your hotel went to for your enjoyment Ann ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww, Ann, can't you get stuck in Mpls again? Miss you!

Yep, I'd have to say the Unicorn is my favorite, too. Chez Nancine with built in kitty and vibe? Who could ask for anything more.

Wish I could be there to join in the fun!