You can dance...

little icon singing you can jive, having the time of your life. See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen...

So my main goal for this cruise was to sing with the band the last night of the show. Hello, I did that on my last cruise and I feel like I can't go backwards LOL. The first night of the cruise we went to the karaoke room (they had karaoke every night! woo hoo!) with our table mates. They were a little younger then us but were nice people. A little uptight but boy did they loosen up as the cruise continued on, LOL. So I wanted to do my standard, crowd pleasing "I Touch Myself" but out of the hundreds of songs, they didn't have that one so Coco decided on "Talk Dirty to Me." Now keep in mind, this is not my normal crowd and skewed a bit older but that wasn't going to stop me even though I was a tad bit worried. I should have known better. Once I started singing there was this group of 15 to 20 middle aged women in front of me and they were yelling out "go Coco!" and just totally supportive and hooting and hollering so I started singing to them. I rocked it! Had a great response from the whole audience. I had planned on singing another song but I felt like I couldn't top that moment so didn't try, LOL.

On our way to see the show put on by the cruise we walked by the lounge and I looked in as we walked past and who did I see? MUSIC ASIA! That would be the band that played on the cruise Su and I went on. My chances of singing with the band just sky rocketed, LOL. The showroom was packed so we headed back to the lounge and they were on a break so I talked to the guitarist Michael to see if he remembered me. He so did not! How could he forget Coco? I have no idea! I went over to talk to the other guys and they remembered me. Joseph the keyboard player even remembered where Vivi and I sat. Vivi, he asked about you. I told them my one mission was to sing with the band and they were more then happy to have me sing that night! I decided to do "Dancing Queen" again. Too bad they didn't have the words for it anymore! I had to sing it from memory so half way thru the song I lean over and say I don't know the words. I was afraid that was going to happen, LOL. Oh well, it was still fun. They wanted me to sing another song with them, what can I say, I was that good (actually their music drowns me out, LOL). I decided I better print out some songs before I sing with the band again.

And I was going to sing with the band again, LOL. Unfortunately I wasn't the only special guest star, LOL. They had other guest singers and even a couple of guest drummers. It really sucked when they had a guest singer after me who could sing! I told them not to do that again, LOL. Mon night I did not only "Dancing Queen" but Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". I was doing pretty good on it until the last verse. The music felt off so I was like should I be singing at this point? I did of course cause I thought that was where I was supposed to sing but I was kicking myself for messing it up. Turns out it was the guitarists fault! Woo hoo, it wasn't me! Again, why did I doubt myself?Tuesday the band had off so we talked Roberto into coming to the beach with us. He's the drummer who sings Journey songs better then Steve Perry. He really rocks it and is such a nice guy. I didn't realize at the time the guys only get one day off, I was thinking they had Thur-Sat off but they turn around and do a 3 day cruise after our 4 day cruise so I was even more touched that he spent the day with us. He was too tired to join us that night but Michael the guitar player came out with us. We went to Senor Frog's Where you Have to be this tall to drink: Whew, that was a close one! Michael kept buying me shots so I had 4 shots of tequila. I didn't think I felt a thing but Kimberly says I was getting giggly. Who me?Senor Frogs was fun but the crowd is a bit too young for me. I enjoyed the music but the DJ kept talking over it. That drove me crazy. I don't think they played one song in its entirety. We then headed to Bamboo where the crew usually parties. Much more my style. Very laid back.

They had karaoke during the day on the last day of the cruise. At night I spent my time hanging with Music Asia so this was perfect. I could work on my instrument some more. The karaoke was in an area a lot of people walk by but that didn't stop me. They also had a vast range of people singings from kids to old men, it was fun. First up for me was Pink's "Who Knew". I'd never sung this before. I really shouldn't sing it again, LOL. I did ok but not great. After that I did Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". I rock this song. If the band knew how to play it this would be what I would always sing. The only down side is, it's a short song. Not enough time on stage for me, LOL. The last song I sang was "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". Figured I needed more practice, LOL. The last night of the cruise I had planned on videotaping one of my performances to share with you all but Kimberly had my camera card because she was going to print pics for the band and she missed both of my songs! I was none too happy with that. Although she did say she could hear me, LOL. I was really working on projecting my voice so I could be heard over the band which just means I yelled my songs. I don't think that improved the sound, LOL. I sang the same two songs, you got to stick with what you know or rather, don't know, LOL.Just think how much better I would have been if I had been practicing! Next time, my pretties.... ohhh next time......
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

You ladies look beautiful, and sounds like a fabulous time was had :)
I didn't see ANY food pics! wth?!
Slacking, or nothing noteworthy?

Lin said...

No video of the performanc? shame, but you were yelling hmm OK then maybe next time LOL

Aimee there was food! Well a coconut Leiha made food LOL

Nes said...

You all look great! And look at you, all tanned and all, but wait, *peering at the pics* it looks more like a burn to me. *EG*

I can't believe the crowd listening to you didn't jump ship.... or did they provide ear plugs? Hehehehhee....

Ach, you know I take the piss because I love you right?

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Girl, I'm so proud of you!! You ROCK!!

Wish I could have been there to see you live!!!

Leiha said...

Aimee, now you know I don't let my Mannions down. Food gets its own post as you see, LOL.

Yes, it's probably for the best that there was no vid, LOL.

I know you're totally jealous because you would have LOVED it onstage with the band! I know I did *EG*

Su, you need to be onstage next time! I know you would rock! I kept telling the boys in the band that you could sing!

Brenda said...

Awwww, it looks like y'all had a blast.
I would have loved to see a video of you singing; you'll just have to go again.
;o)

mdmoyer said...

I think i was on the same cruise with you. Ive been searching for this band for a while to find a contact for them. I got to play guitar while michael took a break a few times! the band was so full of talent. Do you know any way to contact them or know what cruise they will be on? My friend and I were the Sensation when i played with band in the from apr 27-may 1. good pics too!!!

Leiha said...

I can't remember what dates we were on the cruise, LOL. I know 2 weeks afterwards they were going on their vacation and would have a couple of months off. Aren't they awesome? Such cool guys! Unfortunately I love their email addresses. I'll ask my sister if she still has them. I told them they need a website because they are definitely highlights of the cruise.