My friend the rock star!

Dave is someone I worked with in Seattle. I think we met in 95. We ended up in Los Angeles and maintained our friendship there even if a year would go by before we would see each other. Our relationship is very comfortable. He's funny, I'm funny, LOL. Nancy knows and loves him. Su met him when she visited me in Los Angeles. I hadn't talked to him since I left Los Angeles, you don't think I'd talk to him more since I moved then when I lived there do you? But doesn't mean I can't boss him around. When I didn't like my placement on his myspace page I made him move me up, LOL. I'm one of the guys who's a girl, you still must appease me! Anyway, when I talked to him I found out he was now the lead singer in a band. He had just joined a band as a bass player (even though at the time he didn't really know how to play) when I left LA. It was a lesbian punk band, LOL. Now he's worked his way up to lead singer. I found this youtube vid. It's over a year old so I'm sure he has even more spit and polish, or at least more spit.
It's funny for me seeing this side of him. I remember the sweaters he used to wear to the tv station, even though he had floppy hair back then he was still preppy. Now look at him, LOL.

I told him this was the beginning of his career as a lead singer. Of course that means all credit must go to me. This was at my going away party in Los Angeles which means we HAD to go to a karaoke bar. This was a private room. We had snuck in a bottle of tequila. Once he starts playing to more then family and friends I'm taking all of the credit. I told him so (it's best to prepare him ahead of time). Of course, I can't leave you without a pic of me from that night, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Leiha - I love me the Dave! But the videos are not up :( Can you fix that for me? I want to see what he looks like 15 years later...

Lin said...

The video's work fine here. You might need to update Flash player.

I don't know which browser you use, the latest IE one is

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&ogn=EN_US-gntray_dl_getflashplayer

Others will find here:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/


My friends hubby used to be a lead singer in a band that played all the local clubs when I was a teenager. We were kind of part groupie, part roadie. Basically meaning we were first to get there, last to leave, and drank and danced all night LOL