My cruise in meals...

I didn't eat quite as much on this cruise as I did on the last one since I was missing my eating buddy. Kim doesn't eat quite as much as Ghlutton and I didn't want to be a pig all on my own. Kim did impress me with how much she did eat though LOL.

Now I did get excited about my food and forget to take pics at times but here are the pics I did remember to take. I didn't get the cheese tray every meal, they kept serving it on a warm plate and I didn't want my cheese all warm and soft.The molten chocolate cake is the dessert everyone raves about. It's pretty good but I prefer my recipe (my recipe in that I got it from Rachel and then gave to Barb, LOL) better. The dessert that was Kim's favorite was the black forrest cake. It was not too chocolaty, not too heavy and the bits of cherry were a treat.

I did enjoy the proscioutto and melon but there needed to be more melon to balance it out. My favorite meal of the cruise was the lobster! I had two of them. The tails were small! I should have ordered another one! Kim wanted to bring some back to our room but we didn't think that would fly, LOL. They always serve mushroom risotto and tiger shrimp with it and both are delicious.

This was a salmon ceviche kind of dish. It was ok, not wonderful. The seafood pasta was too salty, good thing I had ordered two entrees that night. I did eat the seafood out of it though. I also got the indian food which was better. No pic of it though.

The tiger shrimp cocktail was served every night. It was a fan fave. I did enjoy the duck. I can't remember how it was prepared. I think it was smoked. And that is all of the pics I have of food. I did make sure to have an ice cream cone everyday. Or rather, the fat free yogurt. I do cut calories where I can, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

The food looks tasty, but reeeeally small portions! Very cool, that. Makes it so you can try more than one thing :)
I loooove black-forest cake!

Mmmmmmm, frozen yogurt sounds yummy, we hit 72 degrees today for about five minutes LOL
Almost warm enough for frozen desserts!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

The food totally looks better this time than last time!! The desserts look soooooo yummy!!

I would have to swim back from the Bahamas to work off all the calories if I'd been on the cruise! :)

NancyB said...

Yummmm... Lobster, duck and soft serve! They would have to pry me off that boat with a crow bar :)

Lin said...

Oh love cheese but not warm and soft! Needs to be hard or maybe crumbly depending on what I'm doing with it but not into soft cheeses and definitely not hard cheese that's gone soft in the heat

LOL I'm sure that Fat free yogurt helped a lot!

Bo said...

The M & M's I was snacking on before I came here suddenly seem inadequate,LOL.Lobster...mmmmm

I like some soft cheeses,but not the stuff that's been left out & gets gooshy & starts to sweat.Ick.

I scrolled down to look at the other pics & you look great! You can definitely see the tan,and I'm glad you got to see Music Asia again and spend some time onstage *G*

Welcome back!

Brenda said...

Yum. That food looks incredible. Much better than the cruise I went on.

Thanks for the pics!

Leiha said...

Believe me, you're never left wanting more and if you do, then you just ask for another one, LOL. Anytime is a good time for ice cream!

They didn't have escargot this time around which was a disappointment. I don't know which cruise had the better food.

Nancy, you would have loved it! Kim tried to get me to go get soft serve at 3am but I was already in bed. You know my sleep comes before my food, LOL.

Oh, I love soft and hard cheeses, the problem was the hard cheeses were getting soft and warm cause the plate was warm so that didn't appeal to me.

LOL Bo! I've been wondering where you've been! Yes, the lobster was tasty but doesn't compare to Bally's! I talked to Barb and she told me you didn't do the brunch, I'm so sad. I would go back tomorrow if I could, LOL.

Hey chick! I really want to do a more expensive cruise to get more expensive food but that will have to wait for awhile. My pocketbook and my belly can't handle it right now, LOL.