Been working on my tan...

But it's a slow process. I swear, every time I go out I get a tiny burn. Yesterday the weather was wonderful so Lina and I tanned. Her tan looks wonderful, me, well as Lina says, I'm neapolitan. I'm red, white and brown (well not quite brown, LOL). Luckily the red is just a tiny part on the right side of my right bosom, the sun was on the right side of me, can you tell. It's like a red stripe. It seems like I can tan one day a week. I'll really have to pay attention to the sun while on my cruise.

Since my sister is coming in this week I spent the weekend reading. I read 3 books this weekend. I know, I was in total vegetable mode. I read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn. You know historicals are my first love. Her stories are no complex and her books are not as hot as most books out there but I find them comfortable, easy, fun reads. I also read The Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I enjoyed it. I don't normally like the non dark hunter books much but this one was good. Course there are so many pantheons I can't remember who is who but oh well, still a fun book.

Today I read Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare with a special guest appearance by Su and I. I mean, right there that's a reason to buy it, LOL. But this was a great book by Pamela and I'm really proud and happy for her. She put a lot into this and it showed. Marc and Sophie had a wonderful love story with lots of action. I do enjoy the fact that the language is so raw at times because I find that very real.

Other then that I spent the day cleaning. The sis will be here on Wed and really, it's not like she's company but I needed to clean anyway. The rug in my room was becoming a hair rug, which would have been fine if my hair was beige like my carpet but it is black and really unattractive laying all over the floor, LOL.

Lina and I went to Carribean Jack's last night. Remember, that was the place that I sent an email to because they told us the low country boil wasn't for another couple of hours when in actuality we could have eaten it when we got there. So we decided to finally cash in some of my coupons and go there for dinner. We sat at the bar because to sit outside there would have been a wait. I had a pomm tea which is a long island iced tea made with pomegranate juice instead of coke. It was strong, imagine that LOL. I only had one. Lina had beer. For dinner I had apps since I really wanted seafood. I had seared tuna and crab cakes and Lina had a portabello stack. Unfortunately the food was a big disappointment and Lina and I have resigned ourselves to the fact that most places we eat here will be crappy, LOL. We did order dessert. It was an ice cream cookie sandwich with the cookie being the size of my head and you know how big my head is! We didn't make a dent but it was fun trying, LOL.

Good thing my roommie cooks for me and it's fabulous. Tonight she made mexican wraps using lettuce instead of tortillas, it was fabulous, filling and light. Yay for me!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

At least you will eventually get brown,LOL!

I like Julia Quinn,esp. the 'Lady Whistledown' stuff,and i think i've read a few of her Bridgerton series.I pick her books up when I want an easy,light read.

I just finished Dream Chaser the other day.Eh.I started to take notes about 12 pages in,then stopped b/c there weren't enough tidbits for me,LOL.I so agree about the pantheons,and I did roll my eyes at the introduction of yet another mysterious,powerful,godlike figure (Jaden) that really bugged me.I can't keep up anymore and i wonder how Sherri does.The excerpt for Ash's book was nice,though.I pulled a Linda and read it first,LOL!

Unlawful rocks! I grinned like crazy at the cameos by you & Su,that was great.P.C. is such a great writer.

That sucks abot the lack of good restaurants.But the stuff Lina makes you always looks and sounds great!

Phlexie said...

You know one thing (quite possibly the only thing) I hate about school is the lack of time and ability to read for leisure! These days my reading is limited to technical stats, OSHA regulations, hazmats, Bloodborne Pathogens, Probability and statistics.... fun stuff eh? I started Dream Chaser when it came out - I'm about halfway through it. Leiha grabbed it from me at the pool and she was done by the end of the day - LOL!

Tanning with Leiha has been fun, cuz we lay there and talk about men and sex most of time, and we are loud in addition to voices echoing down there.... so I'm sure our neighbors get an earful :)

Leiha failed to mention the best part about C.Jack's - the Red Sox game was on (and they WON!), plus the bartender was fast becoming my new BFF as he put the NCAA final game on the other TV, so I could watch both!!!!!! (yea for Boston College! They didn't let me down!!!). Poor Leiha looked over and said - *shit* I just lost you to sports LOL... Good thing there were a few colorful characters at the bar we chatted with, and as always we ran into our neighborette who was feeling no pain. BTW - I lost all admiration for the bartender, who couldn't pour Guiness to save his life. I gave him so much crap, the 3d one was on the house! LOL

OK - I should really work on my final project some more before I head off to work! I'm still on a HIGH from the Flyers win last night!

Anonymous said...

Wow..that sounded yummy. You have a great wife! Wish i were your stomach!

Pamela Clare said...

I am so happy you enjoyed Unlawful Contact, Leiha. Of course, you and Su make the story. ;-)

I'm glad, too, that you appreciate the real-life language. Not everyone does, but, hey, if I'm writing prison or gangs or whatever, they're not going to say "darn it" and "phooey." I like writing the edgier stuff, and that's the direction I think I'm headed.

But I do have a historical on tap for you soon...

Hugs, to you, Bo!

Leiha said...

LOL, it's a slow process but yes I'll eventually get brown. Sorry whitie.

Bo I was amazed at how fast I read the Quinn book. Definitely a light read. I didn't love Dream Chaser but I was happy that the story kept my interest. Glad that you enjoyed our cameos. I did tease PC with the fact that she had Su blushing. More like Su could make a trucker blush. Speaking of which, the other part of my sandwich will be blogging about RT for us when she gets back.

The great thing about living with another reader is sharing books. I buy books or Lina buys books. Well she bought Dream Chaser when it came out and I waited and I waited for her to finish it. Finally I asked for it on Sat before she went to work and had it done by the time she got home. She was none too happy about that LOL.

The weird thing about our pool is I can barely hear Lina who is right next to me but I can hear everything anyone says on any of the balconys. Wonder what they hear from us LOL.

Thank goodness there was a guy sitting next to me to tell me fishing stories while Lina watched her games LOL.

Nally, my stomach is quite happy that is for sure. I do love my wife as does my tummy.

You know when I really enjoy the raw language is during the sex scenes. I think it makes it more realistic. I don't call my woman's flower a flower LOL. I can't wait to see you get edgier, I'll definitely be along for the ride. I can't wait for Morgan's story, I loved Surrender!

Lin said...

I can sympathise with Lina on the no time to read thing did that for way too long, but one game was unlikely to keep my interest never mind two so am with Leiha on that one LOL

Was supposed to be unpacking my kitchen but as I had started UC while I waited for the repair man to fix my phone, it kept calling me back to read more! I finally finished and when I looked it was 3.30am! LOL Was well worth the sleep I missed though, which from me is a great compliment, as I do love my sleep: D

So PC got the idea for the tattoo on your breast from last years sunburn? LOL Just be careful you don't end up looking like a Neapolitan zebra by the time you go on the cruise!