Oh no she didn't!

OK, I have a lot of stuff to post about but it's late and I is tired so I'm going to give you a little blurb so you'll have something to look forward to tomorrow. I won't be on until late but I did have lunch with my almost namesake Leila yesterday so I'll be posting pics and talking about it on my next blog.

For my fake birthday I decided to treat myself to a pedi. I really needed one. So I planned my errands so I would be in the area I needed to be in. I walk in and they take me right away. I get seated in my spa chair, the water is running, my feet are soaking and someone else walks in and she wants the girl that is getting set up to take care of me. She says she'll wait so my girl gets her seated and situated and turns to me and says someone will be with me in 5 minutes. Oh no she didn't! At first I was like whatever because my first instinct is to not make waves but then my second instinct kicked in and I said I was leaving. The manager rushes over and has the nerve to tell me the other lady had an appointment. I was like no she didn't. I saw her walk in and ask for her. Now I'm not mad at the client who wanted her girl. She said she would wait and was not being a diva but I was mad at them for pushing me aside and trying to make me wait. I was there first. I wasn't waiting. They waved over someone to take care of me right away and asked if that was ok and I said yes. I didn't care who gave me a pedi, I don't go often enough to have any favorites. I just didn't want to wait while someone who walked in after me got served first. Lucky for them my butt was already seated and I really wanted the pedi, LOL. Of course I didn't take it out on the girl who gave me my pedi, she was great and got a great tip. Situations like that take advantage of your good nature. Most people don't want to make waves and just accept things as status quo but then sit there and fume. I'm glad I said something because if I didn't, I would have been pissed but at myself.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Glad you stood up for yourself! I don't expect special treatment, but I do expect to be treated fairly. My time is just as important as anyone else's. You go, Girl!!!!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'm astounded the salon even TRIED to pull that crap! What a joke!
I'm glad you stood up for yourself, and got your pedi, but that is amazingly rude for them to do that.

You're so diplomatic, wtg!

Bo said...

I would've been sooooo pissed! That is rude & one sure way to lose a customer,I'm surprised they didn't see that.Esp. when the other lady offered to wait!

They should have knocked some bucks off,or given you a discount on a future service to make up for the rudeness,IMHO.

Gennita said...

You go girl!

Brenda said...

Good for you! They'll think twice before they try that on someone else.

Leiha said...

Exactly! I didn't want special treatment, if there had been wait I would have waited (OK prolly not but I wouldn't have complained, LOL). But don't put someone else ahead of me!

Aimee, this was an asian salon. I think most people wouldn't realize what was happening. Unlucky for them, I knew what was happening.

Bo again, them being asian, there was no money being knocked off. Well I could have made a fuss and then had it knocked off but I was happy with the not waiting part, LOL.

Thanks Jenn!

Nope Brenda, I bet they do it all of the time unfortunately.