Alkmaar or bust

Yesterday Nes and I were determined to leave the house. We both keep late hours so by the time we are ready to leave it's pretty late in the day. Originally we were going to go to this little Dutch village that has all things Dutch, wooden shoes, cheese, windmills, etc. It's sort of like one stop shopping but by the time we were ready they were getting ready to close. So then we decided to go into Amsterdam but then Nes said we should go to Alkmaar which has a lot of the things Amsterdam does as well as a similar look but it was closer and smaller. I was down with that. So off we went! We were mobile!


Alkmaar is a totally cute town with lots of little shops. When we got there we saw a sign that said the cheese market was today and I do love me some cheese, but I digress.

One of the first things we did, besides take a picture of ourselves was to get some fries. I wasn't really hungry for them but I felt the need to get them for Nancy so she could see a picture of them. I ended up throwing half of mine away, I know, it was a waste but I did enjoy what I did eat. See, I don't always have to stuff my face! Just most times!

Alkmaar's main shopping area reminds me of a lot of outdoor malls in the states except for the cobblestone streets, canals and beautiful brick churches, LOL. We also popped into an adult store while we were shopping, the guy who worked there was very helpful and fun.



Since I love cheese we went back this morning to the cheese market which meant getting up at 9am, let me tell you, that was toucg but for cheese I'm willing to do it! It's a pretty cool set up, they talk about the process and have a big display but the problem is, apparently other people wanted to see the show too so I couldn't see squat, some of you may not know this but I am a tad bit vertically challenged. Nes got this great pic of the cheese market, which would be more then I saw standing there, LOL.

But it was market day so there were all kinds of vendors all over the place and we were sampling cheeses like fiends. Oh, we tasted some wonderful cheese. One thing the Dutch are known for is their wooden shoes. I am in search of the man who is proportianate to these shoes.
As if! I would run screaming, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

To bad the size of your feet dont go with the size of your titties (that was for you Su)! Thanks for takin' one for the team Leiha, the frys look so good I can almost taste the peanut sauce. mmmm
I am off for dinner then to clean out my car for I have decreed this "New Car Weekend"!! I will send a picture if I actually take the plunge :)

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»