Walking on Sunshine....

So Tuesday was a dedicated laying on the beach day. You know I am so down with that. I know Nes and JK usually run all over the place on their vacations so when they said we were spending the day on the beach you know I was happy. That's my kind of pace. Blanes(blah-nes) is a very touristy town with big beautiful beaches. Our hotel was a block away. It would have been nice if our hotel had air conditioning but the location was perfect. Breakfast was included in our meal so once we rolled out of bed down we went to feast. Problem is, there wasn't a lot to feast on, LOL. No bacon, no sausage or scrambled eggs. They had boiled eggs, deli meat with cheese, lots of breads and slices of cucumber and tomatoes. The yogurt even tasted a little different and the milk for the cereal was warm. I think they had a generic breakfast set up for all of the travelers. I got full but that was about it. They do have this thing called a bikini maker. You put your bread and cheese through it for a kind of grilled cheese sammich. I didn't want to get full on bread so I passed but Nes and JK loved theirs.

We took our time getting ready and missed the morning sun which JK says is the best sun to get but we didn't mind. We went there and planted our butts down. The beach was packed but luckily it's a big beach so we found a spot easily enough. I saw my dream man there. Well, he will be my dream man in about 10 years since he looks about 16 so he's my going to be dream man, LOL. Right now he's my dream boy. He was tall, dark, pretty, pouty red lips, reminded me of Rodrigo Santoro (an up and coming brazilian actor). It seems like we saw a lot of kids on this trip, dang it! I did have a 60 year old man flirt with me in Barcelona, LOL.

We spent most of the day at the beach. The weather was perfect. Not too hot with a slight breeze. I finished the book i was reading and spent the rest of the time listening to my ipod. OK, I did get in the water, briefly! You all know the water is not my thing, which is why I can go in with my sunglasses on, I'm not going under, well, at least not by choice, LOL.




Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the new pics!!!You can tell how much fun you are having,and the food-YUM!!! The red sangria...mmmm,gimme gimme! I decided that champagne and I will never be friends again-bad experience on the way home after our Bally's brunch.*G* But I'm glad you have found something new to love there.Now,this man thing has GOT to even out sometime-there has to be a happy medium between 60 yr old and 16 yr old hottie-in-the-making,LOL .So that means there must be a 34-44 yr old hunk waiting on the beach for you.*nods head in satisfaction*
I was surprised,when I checked Mapquest(I told you I would,LOL) how close Amsterdam is to Spain,France,etc.I think I had its location confused with Sweden or something,I dunno.Anyways,keep the pics coming,you all look great!

Bo

Leiha said...

Thanks bo! I'm hoping this man thing evens out soon myself, LOL.

LOL, Linda! Nes is constantly giving me grief cause I spend to much time blogging, I told her I have to keep everyone up to date! I'll have to show her your post, maybe that will motivate her to blog, LOL. She's lucky I'm even posting pics of her here, she really should be doing that on her own blog, LOL.