The way to my heart...


Is through my stomach, duh, you all know that! I had met Nes' mom last week when she came over for Nes' birthday and of course I let her know how much I LOVED Filipino cooking, I'm shameless, I know! Well this past Sat we were all supposed to celebrate Nes' parents 30th wedding anniversary with a sunsent hot air balloon ride! Unfortunately Nes father was down with the stomach flu so the ride was cancelled but all was not lost. Mama Nes decided to cook adobo for me, yippee! So on Sat night we went over for dinner and a little karaoke! We actually only sang a couple of songs, Nes was hooking their system back up because they had bought a new tv (an awesome new tv) and of course the first priority was getting the karaoke working. JK and i did a couple of ditties, not pretty but fun. I have never sang Ghostbusters before, LOL. Then it was time to eat!
I have no idea why I was the first one at the table, LOL. Mama Nes made chicken adobo, veggies and she had a filipino sausage that I have never had but am now in love with called longaniza. OMG, It was so good. I'm looking for those when I get back to the states, I can cook sausage, LOL.


I ate until I could eat no more and then find out that there is dessert too! Well I can't offend, of course I had to eat dessert. It was called maja blanca which is made with corn starch, corn, cocunut, caramel, it was yummie. I couldn't finish it but I certainly tried. Then while hanging out watching the World Cup third place game she asks me if I want some chocolate chips. I say I am so full there is no way. So then she brings out grapes. I love fresh fruit. I think I was one wafer away from exploding, LOL. Guess who is one of my favorite people now?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Girl, the party is going to be a smashing success, you've put so much work into it. I can't wait to hear about it when you're done.