Sorry for the delay...

I was in super lazy mode instead of off doing something illicit, like Nancy was hoping, LOL. Since Nes has been working I have been in slacker mode, shocking, I know! Besides praciticing my karaoke (Nes makes me close all of the doors before I am allowed to sing) I have been reading and watching some tv. Did you know they show Oprah and Dr Phil here? I even switched around and saw Sally Jesse Raphael! Is she still on the air? One of my favorite shows airs here, Scrubs but I have yet to watch it because by the time it comes on at 6pm Nes is home and we're well on our way to making a dent in her liqour supply. First I introduced her to vodka cranberry and then I added a twist of lime, that girl is hooked! She turned me onto Passoa which is a passionfruit liquor. I'm drinking one right now with 7 Up, it's yummie (Ok, it's my second one, did I mention how yummie it is?). Actually I first had one in Spain but by the time I had it I was four sheets to the wind (way past three) and didn't really remember is, LOL.


The other night we fondued for dinner. Long time readers will remember my last fondue experiece resulted in a fire. I was hoping that would not be the case this time around, LOL. They actually have fondue cheeses so unlike my last fondue it took only minutes for the cheese to melt unlike the hour it took us before. They normally fondue with just bread so I broadened their horizons (like I love to do) and introduced veggies into the mix, some cauliflower anf broccoli are wonderful additions to the fondue pot. We're supposed to have a chocolate fondue one night which should be fun. I did request cheese first cause while I enjoy choccolate I actually enjoy cheese more, LOL.


Last night we went to see Pirates of the Carribean. The biggest difference from watching a movie here versus in the states is there is always an intermission with every movie. It's quite jarring. But it's great for people who always have to go to the bathroom during the movies, like yours truly. Too bad I didn't have to go last night. Figures!

Today I rolled out of bed and went to the beach, yes, life is tough for me. Tonight we're heading into Amsterdam. Tomorrow's blog should be very interesting, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

umm, sure, you have your castles, 18-year olds, and food-galore, but you're missing the new season of Project Runway!! c'mon, there are contestants that you would love to hate and we need to hear your rants on 'em...

Anonymous said...

I know how much you love the fondue! Ann & I went to the Melting Pot with Johnise and her roommate Angie not that long ago. It wasn't as fun as when you, Nancy, & Beaty were here.

Love all the pic's of you, Nes, & the background!

As for the filipino cooking, you can have as much as you like if you come to the East Coast again. I cooked for you last time, Lumpia & Pancit. I guess you will have to try my chicken adobo, LOL!

Leiha said...

Well, Nancy being the great friend she is is taping the shows for me while I'm away. I promise to have a Project Runway rundown when I get back. Who I love, who I hate and who I want to win.

The Melting Pot was fun. I remember how delish everything was! Dont' worry chick, I did not forget that you cooked Filipino food for me, I have an excellent food memory, LOL. With you promising me food and Mich promising me karaoke, who knows, I might have to make my way out there (well, after i get a job and save some money, LOL).