Escargot Anyone?

When we went to the neighborhood by the sea (beach) there was a place that Nes wanted to take me that had THE best escargot that she has ever had. Unfortunately, by the time we were done at the beach the place was still closed and we didn't feel like waiting an hour. The problem with that is for the past couple of weeks Nes has been craving it. We had some in Dijon but we were not impressed. So Nes really wanted to eat at Sante (the restaurant) and satisfy her craving and I wanted to try the best escargot that she had ever had. So last night we finally got to satisfy our urges.


I have to say, it was the best escargot I have ever had. It was served in a sauce dripping in butter and chives and herbs with cheese melted on top! Nes ordered two orders, LOL. I stuck to one, I wasn't that hungry, a shock I know but I had been eating the left over adobo that Mamma Nes had sent home with me:)


After dinner it was time for dessert. I really was not into the idea of dessert. My stomach was feeling a bit off (I think just cause I've been eating way more then I normally do) but then I saw the dessert menu, plus I was thinking of you, my dear bloggers and I know you would want me to eat dessert so I did. The things I do for you! I ordered a strawberry ice cream dessert. OMG, it was so good, my belly felt so much better. I didn't have enough room to finish it all, I gave JK the rest but I did enjoy every bite that I had.


During the ride home Nes got it into her head that it would be the perfect time for me to ride a bike. Keep in mind that I haven't been on a bike since before I joined the Army, that would be about 18 years ago! Here, everyone rides bikes, young and old which is really cool to see but I wasn't exactly overjoyed at the idea of getting on a bike myself. But to entertain JK and Nes I let them put me on Nes' bike. Let me say, her bike is huge! I was in terror of falling. Standing on the pedals the seat hit the middle of my back, no way was I even going to try and sit on it. I literally rode in a circle in their back yard (screaming the whole way) while Nes videotaped me (luckily she is having trouble uploading) and JK took pics. Nes said it felt like watching her kid taking off the training wheels, it wasn't pretty but hey, I didn't fall. When she had trouble uploading her video she wanted me to go out and do it again, I said nope, there can only be one first time, LOL.

Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Leiha - you look like a cute little Dutch girl on your big red bike. You just need wodden shoes and a pointy hat now :)
Thank you for having desert for me, it sure lookied yummy.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found it in your heart to order dessert.*G* I don't think I could do escargot but the Mamma Nes meal sounds delish! What are we supposed to do if you ever blog about a burger & fries,you see how spoiled you made us? *G* LOL about the bike riding-you know,if you HAD been wearing wooden shoes like Nanner suggests,you might be able to ride that bike properly,LOL .

Bo

Leiha said...

LOL, I don't think I'll have anything new to tell you in person but I'll try to think of something Linda. It will be good to see you again, once I recover from my travels.

Nancy, I could barely ride the bike in my shoes and you want me to wear wooden shoes too? The dessert tasted as good as it look, you're welcome.

Bo, you'll be disappointed to hear I have eaten more KFC here then in the past couple of years in the states. Nes and her mom love their KFC! I was in mama Nes' restroom and she had a printout of all local KFCs, LOL.