Greetings from Portland...

Yes, I'm back. I'll be hopping back and forth between my two homes for awhile. It's nice spending time with Nancy and my family again.

Tuesday was crazy. Not only was my stuff getting delivered that day but I had planned Karen's anniversary party on the same day. To be fair, the anniversary party was planned first, LOL. I thought I was getting my stuff on Sat but turns out they don't deliver on the weekends or Monday! I was a bit perturbed to say the least. Anyway, I digress. For help I had Jordan who is becoming an old pro, Christopher, the 15 year old son of Nancy's friend and Edgar, Nancy's brother. Pretty sad that Jordan was the rep for my family considering how much Mann power is located within a close distance. They were forgiven though because they were working. Kathy was going to come but she was sick. I guess that's forgivable also. Just barely though. C and J got on like gang busters. C got there early so I had them play video games cause I was frantically working, trying to get everything set up for the party.

When E showed up we got to working. The truck had been there since 9. The boys were all fabulous workers. I would hand stuff down from the truck and would tell them where to put things. A lot of my things are going into the shed until we can integrate them into Nancy's small house. She's mentally preparing for Hurricane Leiha. It's already started, LOL. I would keep disappearing to go onto the computer to do some things and my helpers were wonderful and didn't complain once. I ordered pizzas and soda and kept them working til the food came. It's a great motivator, LOL. We actually got the truck unloaded pretty quickly and then we loaded up the shed. While we were working on that the food came and work came to a standstill. After that I sent E on his way since he had to go work. It was so sweet of him to come help me before work. He did say that I didn't need to order food and we could scrounge in the kitchen, I reminded him, this is Nancy's kitchen we're talking about. Order pizza it was, LOL.

I let the other two take a break for a few hours because I was on the board partying away and I felt guilty making them work while I played so they played too, til C's ride got there. Eventually it was back to work for J and I. I did warn Nancy it was a disaster before she got home but not as bad as she thought. We actually got a lot done. Of course, I AM a master mover. Her living room will be very familiar to my bloggers since it has my furniture in it but it's all laid out differently and she has painted walls. We still had some big pieces to get out of the room like her old armoire/entertainment center and by we I mean her and whoever she can recruit, LOL. We also re-arranged her shed cause while I loved my little helpers, they weren't the best at space management, LOL. I was so busy that day I didn't get to take my shower until about 11pm and I was disgusting! But it was oh so nice to crawl into my own bed at the end of the day. My new room is so small that basically all I can do is crawl onto my bed, LOL. The sucky thing is I need to flip the mattress around when I go back. I'm sleeping on the side that has my indentions from Atlanta. I spent so much time in bed it molded to my body and since no one slept on the other side I need to balance it out, LOL.

I was so tired and ready for bed but I couldn't get to sleep. Don't you hate when that happens? I was also going to include on this post my birthday dinner with my brother David but I don't want to blow my wad all at once. I'll save that for tomorrow and as a bonus, there will be lots of pics! Yay!

Oh, speaking of pics, snapfish.com is having a special. It only lasts until July 12th so if you're going to take advantage of it it has to be soon. Yes, I should have told you sooner but I've been busy! You can get the first 50 prints for 1 cent each! You know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Uploading pics of me to their site, LOL. The code you need to use is JUL4PENNY08 .
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Lin said...

Party was a blast. Guess all the Mannians paid up as were no blasckmail worthy photo's presetn heehee You did fab to achieve both at the same time! and knew who would make the best team to help with unpacking

You aren't allowed to touch anything in Nancy's kitchen?

Your bed has indentations, now there's a surprise LOL! It have a laptop shaped one as well?

Bo said...

Woohoo! for getting all that done in a day! I haven't been around 'cause my SIL & her kids were here visiting,sorry.

Food almost always motivates men.
Glad to hear the pizza plan worked.
We want to move but I have no idea how we are going to squeeze some of our furniture out of this place when it happens.With lots of cussing & frustration,is my guess.

I LOL thinking of Hurricane Leiha inflicted on Nanner,but I am sure she is glad to have you there anyways *G*

Brenda said...

No moving photos? You're falling behind here.
I'm laughing at Lin's comment about the bed having lap-top indentations... that's gotta give a guy a complex (unless he's a computer geek, then it would turn him on). And furniture pics. I know I've been behind, but if you haven't already posted them, I'd love to see the new pieces. And your dress.
(Do you still want me to hang on to your ugly pink chair???)

;o)

Hugs and kisses.
Sorry the new job is all-consuming. Sometimes it's a necessary evil, but my new bosses are wonderful and that's worth a lot!!!
Muah!

Leiha said...

LOL, if I'm to use blackmail photos it wouldn't be on Karen's board, they have pics of me too *G*.

I can do whatever in Nancy's kitchen but all I had a chance to do was throw out the rotting food, LOL. That's why we couldn't scrounge for food there!

My pillow has the laptop indentation, I put a pillow on my belly and the laptop on top of that, LOL. Maybe it was the weight of the laptop that put the indention there!

Bo, welcome back! I understand how family gets in the way. For some reason they want our attention when they come visit, LOL. Moving is a bitch but it's worth it when you do.

Girl, it was gross Leiha day. I didn't get to take a shower til the end of the night! It wasn't pretty. No pics allowed!

I don't think I'll be collecting the chair anytime soon Brenda but thanks for asking, LOL.

I understand about the new job. Doesn't mean I don't miss seeing you around but I'm so happy it worked out for you.

Lin said...

Always good to bank that first blackmail photo on both sides then don't have to worry about being outrageously bad or looking a mess LOL Of course I never like photo's of me so pretty much everyone has some blackmail value!