A hermit I'm not...

So Linda's big thing for me while I was house sitting is she didn't want me to become a hermit. You know I'm totally comfortable staying in for days at a time. Well such is not happening here and when my life gets busy my blogging suffers, LOL. I know, I finally have things to talk about but no time to post. Sure, I could have posted during the day when I'm lounging around but I'm too busy watching One Life to Live, LOL.

Last Thursday Linda's cousin Ann called me, she wanted to go out for happy hour. You know that's my kind of hour! I had met Ann a couple of years ago and then saw her again in May. We went to MacAdams bar and grill and sat in the bar area and ordered calamari and jalapeno artichoke dip. The dip was good but the calamari was fantastic. Totally light and tasty. I had ordered a pomegranate mojito. It didn't bode well when it showed up with a brownish color instead of the red I was expecting. I tried it and it didn't taste right and Ann didn't think it did either. We sent it back and the waitress came back with one and she says the juice for their pom mixer isn't red but she made it a little sweeter. It still tasted crappy so I ordered a rasberry drink. Honestly, it tasted like cough syrup but at this point, I wasn't sending it back. I should have had a vodka tonic, LOL. I would go back again though just for the calamari and of course, the company! I swear, Ann and I could have sat there talking all night but hey, happy hour was over and it was time to get home.

I had made plans with neighbor Jim to go hiking on Friday but he ended up having too much work to do so instead of going hiking during the day we went to happy hour at night. Well, mr responsibility had to finish his work first so we missed happy hour! I know! We had to pay full price! Oh the horror! We ate at The Buffalo Gap which used to be a bordello. No wonder I felt at home LOL. I don't like tomato juice but I do enjoy a bloody mary every now and again. Mainly because I love all of the fixings that come with it so that's what I ordered along with home made bbq flavored potato chips and hummus. It was all wonderful. The hummus didn't look like much but I wasn't able to finish it. It came with kalamata olives, some fresh pita, peppercinis, feta cheese, cucumber slices, celery and carrots. It was great.

Sat morning neighbor Jim and I went to the Ross Island Market for breakfast and by morning I mean noon and by breakfast I mean a vegetarian wrap with bacon, LOL. I love their veggie wraps, they load all kinds of goodies in it, the only thing missing is the meat. NJ totally agreed. He enjoyed his wrap.

That night Ann came over to help me organize Linda's books. I told you she had a library, I didn't tell you it was spread throughout 3 floors so I told Linda I would help get them organized. Plus it was a great way for me to see what books I wanted to read, LOL. We went out to a local mexican restaurant for dinner. I can't remember the name of it but it was fantastic.

Sunday I stayed in but I spend the day working on the books and today I went out with Linda's friend Deb. I had met her back in my tango days. I love her, she's shorter then I am! She thought she was taller, pshaw! LOL! We went and had sushi. They had great sushi, reasonably priced with huge pieces. I couldn't finish my california rolls but that's because I had some of my friends.

Oh, I did spend the day working on Vito's myspace page. Rosie emailed me last week and she wanted help so I asked what his fave team was. He's a die hard hockey fan and she told me he loves the Penquins (don't tell Lina). So Sunday night I'm working on his page til 1am so he could be surprised with his new page when he woke up. He loved it! One catch, he wanted a Phoenix Coyotes page, not a Penguins page. I'm kicking that Rosie's ass! But I adore V and he was so cute. He called me a couple of times today, he was so excited. And of course, other then his mother, I'm the coolest chick he knows, LOL. His new page rocks! Unfortunately you have to be his friend to see my awesome handy work but just take my word for it it's awesome, LOL.

He's the reason I didn't blog last night but I'm sure you'll agree, pleasing a 10 year old is a wonderful excuse as is, my eating and drinking, LOL. I was so tired last night I didn't get to sleep til 3am, it was one of those, so tired you can't sleep nights and I only had a 10 minute nap today. I should be sleeping yet here I am, showing my love to my Mannions. I swear, I'm a giver!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Lin said...

When you say you spend Sunday working on the books, do you mean reading? LOL

Glad to see its not all reading, napping, and cereals! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really have been busy. That hummus dish sounds delish. And the calamari. And the veggie wrap.

How long are you going to be there, BTW?

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Sounds like you've been having a blast! Too bad about the icky drinks at MacAdams. I hate sending drinks back. "Breakfast" sounded very yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet you and I enjoyed your blog! I too am a fan of OLTL - the best daytime drama as far as I'm concerned LOL :)

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Soaps chic? My image of you is shattered LOL

I need to do a book organization thing again here soon. I'm so totally out of space.

I love calamari, and I love artichoke dip too, I actually put a few 'chokes in my garden this year, I hope they do well!

Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Bo said...

Aw,that was sweet of you to do that for V.

You would think I'd have learned my lesson by now,coming to your blog before having anything to eat yet.Now,no matter what I fix for the day,it will not be a delicious calamari with yummy dip! Hmmph!

You are a giver,you're giving yourself a tour of Linda's library LOL! That's a fair exchange for organizing it though *G*

I do the hermit thing all the time,I'm not planning on leaving the house until Thursday,and then only briefly,LOL.

Leiha said...

I wish I was reading! I broke into a sweat several times! Of course, that meant it was time to take a break even if I just started, LOL.

One of the things I was most looking forward to was the yummy food and Portland is living up to my expectations. I think I'll be here for another month or so but I have many plans to go back to WA.

I was too scared to send another drink back, figured the tea bagging would start, LOL. The bloody mary the next day made up for it.

OLTL has been on a roll lately and I love me some sexy Rexy! Am loving BO and Rex's adventures.

Girl, I've been watching soaps since I can remember. I switch soaps from time to time depending on what's happening. Right now OLTL is my go to show.

I can't wait to see you this weekend either! I hope that your artichokes come in, how exciting!

Bo, tomorrow is the only day I don't have any plans and I'm not making any damn it! I love my alone time LOL. Girl, you should know chances are strong that I'm going to talk about food *G*.

Rosie said...

Let me tell you, chica, you are now a godess to my boy. He absolutely loves his page. Too bad he has a mother that's not so myspace friendly. LOL. Thanks again for takng the time on that. I'm done checking the computer and am going to go and read for a little bit - took today off. Yippee!!