Hola chicas!

Today is the only day this week I didn't have anything planned so here I am. Nancy was in Vancouver WA for work the last couple of days so we got together yesterday for happy hour along with Jennifer and Nancy's co-worker Christy. We went to Silk for happy hour, where Linda and I went in May. They have the best carmalized chicken wings! The sugar clings to your teeth, mmmmm.

For dessert we wanted gelato. The waiter said it was 8 blocks away. I wanted to drive but Jennifer being a native said lets walk so I agreed with the condition that she give me a piggy back ride if I got tired, after all, these feet were not meant for walking. Luckily A, the gelato place was not 8 blocks away and B and even more exciting, we ran into a cupcake shop on the way to gelato. This wasn't going to divert us from our original plan for gelato, this was in addition to. Luckily, they had cupcake minis. In the pic, we're all holding a mini but in actualality only Nancy and I had cupcakes. We both ordered two because we couldn't decide. I got the strawberry lemon and the blueberry and Nancy got the banana split and all vanilla. We each took a bite of each of them. I think the strawberry lemon was my fave. Left to right: Jennifer, Christy, Nancy and of course, moi! BTW, I'm the only one wearing flip flops, they're all in heals, LOL.

As we were walking and eating it was pretty quiet, Jennifer pointed out who the talkers of the group were, the two girls with cupcakes stuffed in their mouths, LOL. Once we hit the gelato place we spent several minute tasting the various flavors. I went with the chocolate chip and my new favorite flavor the yogg, which is a yogurt based gelato, it has a nice tang to it.

After our gelato we stopped in Anthropolgie and the first thing they did was say they were closed. The door was unlocked which means they were still open they just wanted us out. I took my time looking around. I was irritated, LOL. If they were closed, the door would have been locked. There were plenty of people still inside shopping. Don't let us in if you're closed, otherwise, I'm shopping.

Nancy and Christy went back to their hotel, they were pooped having worked all day after driving down, Jennifer and I came back and watched tv. I turned Jennifer on to Coupling. I love that show! Then we watched Carson Kressley's How to Look Good Naked. I never had any interest but they showed a clip on in demand so I was like, let's check it out and it was really heart warming. It's such a wonderful message. It was fantastic watching this woman blossom before our eyes and her body was the same body she started with. She just leaned to love and appreciate it. I think so many times what we see in the mirror is not reality. They had a roomful of women of similar body type all in underwear and they told her to pick the body that most resembled hers and she picked a body that was 2 inches bigger at the waist then she was. The one who had her body she thought was beautiful. It's so much easier to see the good in someone else rather then yourself. This is a lifetime show, if you have a chance to watch it, I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick blueberries with Nancy's parents and then driving up to WA if I get back at a decent time and the girls are coming into town this weekend so I'll try to check in but no guarantees!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! The food sounds great! I can totally picture myself eating those wings.

Sounds like a grand time had been had by all and I can't believe you actually walked. Wow....

Have fun picking blueberries.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Mmmmm...Cupcakes AND gelato. So decadent and heavenly!

I love blueberries!! I'm so jealous! You are going to have so much fun eating and picking!!

I'm gonna have to check out "How to Look Good Naked". I could use the encouragement.

Debbie H said...

Hey, girl! How to Look Good Naked is a wonderful show. You're right we are our own worse critics and don't see our beautiful side at all. I am one of those, unfortunately.

The food you find always sounds so delish!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

What are we doing this weekend? Nancine said something about a huge breakfast on Sunday but but was really vague about the rest of the plans LOL

I'm about all packed, just trying to decide now if I want a pedi/mani before I go... Prolly not LOL

Did you end up getting a piggy-back ride? Heh

Maybe we can try some Korean food while we're all hanging...?

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Bo said...

Cupcake minis are great b/c you can justify eating more,LOL.Well that's my theory at least!

I will have to try & catch that show.There are days when I feel like I got body-swapped from ribs to knees LOL.

Rosie said...

Oh, how fun that looks!! Those cupcake places are deadly. But so so delish!! Glad you gals had fun. Enjoy the crew this weekend and give them all hugs for me!!

Lin said...

Sounds like the walking was worth it, just to make room for the cupcakes! LOL

We have an UK version of How to Look Good Naked, but I've not really watched more than a few minutes while channel hopping

Leiha said...

Nes, you would have loved those wings! I can picture you eating them too, LOL. I can't believe I walked either *G*.

Yeah my waistline is showing my decadence, LOL.

Debbie, you're beautiful and I love how you've taken control of your life the last couple of years!

Lucky for them I didn't need a piggy back ride.

Bo, you should definitely watch the show, I really enjoyed it.

Rosie you and your fam need to make it my way sometime!

Since I walked I should have had cupcakes on the way back! Of course I was stuffed but a girl can dream LOL.