Su-Nami's RT Adventure Part One

Woo hoo!! I get to guest blog today!!!

I must be getting older because I barely survived this year’s Romantic Times Conference. My mind said “go”, but my body said “hell no”!! In spite of my exhaustion, I had a great time. The authors and cover models were very sweet and tolerant.

I’m just going to hit some highlights because it would take too long to do a blow-by-blow.

Pre-Conference Highlights
Well, after checking in, my first stop was the liquor store. After stocking up on a few necessities, I went to an “RT Virgins” information session. It was a hoot! I’m an “RT Hussy” now!

Day One Highlights
I went to the “Intergalactic Bar and Grille Party” in the afternoon. They were serving bellinis. Yummy! The main activity was a trivial pursuit game in which the tables competed against each other for prizes. Many of the questions were really hard, but everyone seemed to enjoy the game nonetheless.

After grabbing a sandwich for dinner, I started getting ready for the evening’s festivities. It took me forever to get ready to go. Probably because I was taking vodka breaks every 3 to 4 minutes. I was feeling no pain by the time I made it down to the “Hollywood’s Golden Age” party.

I danced and got pretty silly. The dance floor was PACKED. I had to do some fancy foot work and cut some girls off to get to the cover models I wanted to dance with. I took tons of pictures with the Ellora’s Cave guys. They were positively delish!! I was exhausted by the end of the night.

Day Two Highlights
After attending some talks in the morning, I treated myself to the “Wild & Wacky” readers event in the afternoon. The audience got to interrogate the gentlemen who were competing for the Mr. Romance title. They were so charming and FUNNY! These naughty boys had some pretty hilarious “Most Embarrassing Moment” tales.

I swung by the “Evening Temptation” mixer briefly, then dashed upstairs to begin preparing for the “Faery Ball”. Disaster! Many of you already know this, but for those who don’t - I lack common sense. I bought a costume for the ball. It was perfect! Or so I thought…

Did I try it on when I bought it? No. Did I try it on after I brought it home? No. Did I try it on the night before I had to wear it? No. I waited until an hour before the ball to try it on. Did it fit? No. Of course I had already told everybody that I had this awesome costume for the ball. I felt like such a dork for hyping up a costume that I didn’t wind up wearing! What a bummer.

I felt better, however, after a few shots of vodka! I teetered into the ball and had a grand old time! Took TONS more pictures with the cover model guys. I felt like I was turning into a serial groper! My hands and thighs have never been happier!!
I ran into the lovely Gennita Low at the ball. She's always so much fun!!!
Afterwards, I went to “Christine Feehan’s Midnight Speakeasy”. I didn’t stay very long because I was practically asleep on my feet!
Days three and four still to come...
Share on Google Plus

About Su-hura (Toast on the Side)

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

'Serial groper' -LMAO!!!!

That is a helluva part one,I can't wait to read part 2!

Great pics!

Leiha said...

Yay a guest blogger and we get 2 blogs out of it!!! I am LMAO over the disaster comment. I can totally picturing you not trying on the outfit, you never do! You still looked gorgeous but what a bummer about the costume.

Looks like the men didn't mind your thighs. That's the Su I know and love! I bet they were fighting to get to you as they should!

Can't wait to read about your continuing adventures!

Lin said...

It looks and sounds like a fab time! Its only part one? No wonder you barely survived LOL

Gennita said...

I personally know John de Salivate wanted our Su girl. He told me so. Heehee. Thought she was the CUTEST THANG.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

My hands still tingle when I think of that night, Bo!

Of course I couldn't be bothered to try on the costume! :) The guys were really great about spreading the love around. I just wish they'd spread more on me!

Lin, I was completely exhausted! But very happy!

You know those boys would push me down to get to you, Jenna! All the cover models know and love Ms. Low!!

Gennita said...

Su, you're such a wonderful companion to be with ;-). I mean, I have to squeeze between you and all your men just to get your lovin', heh.