Making our last meal count...

I planned every day but this day because the girls were flying out today. Well, turns out they weren't flying out until the evening, d'oh! 

When we went to Dahlia Bakery I really wanted some of their macarons. Nancy had brought me one home last winter and it was amazing! Well, turns out they don't make them anymore. Noooooooo!!! So I was craving them and looked up a bakery that supposedly made them well. That's where we went for lunch after a leisurely morning of packing. I can't remember the name of the place but I wasn't impressed with their macarons which could be why I didn't bother remembering the name but we all enjoyed our sandwiches. 

After that we headed into Seattle to do some sight seeing. After parking near Pike Place Market we saw a duck go buy and Julie suggested taking a duck tour. My friend had recently gone on one and he had a blast. So we hoofed it to where the tour started and got on one that was just taking off. We really should have waited for the next duck. A tour is only as successful as those who are a part of it. Our tour guide tried, we tried, we clapped, we sang, we danced but the other duck riders weren't as into the tour as we were. 
So while it wasn't the best tour ever, we did have fun. The highlight was riding down the street and seeing someone we know. We yelled his name and the tour guide had everyone say hi to him. And by everyone, that would be us and the tour guide, yeah, they were party poopers, LOL. 

We timed our tour perfectly (OK it wasn't planned) so that when we were done, Nancy was off work and could pick us up. Once she grabbed us we went back to Pike Place Market to wander around. It's always a fun tourist destination. Since we got there later then planned some of the shops were closing but we still had a good time and more importantly, took some fun pics. 
Bummer this is blurry. It's what happens when we rely on others to take the pic. 
Then again, strangers can also take some great pics (Julie and Nancy were shopping during this pic). 

After we were done shopping it was time to get our feast on. My original plan was to go to Anchovies and Olives, they have amazing crudo and an oyster happy hour. Then I realized, Julie doesn't like fish, so she definitely wouldn't like raw fish and she doesn't like oysters, which we've eaten a lot of on this trip. What she does love is crab, which we all love so we took her to the Crab Pot which is right on the water. It's a favorite go to place when we want seafood and have out of town visitors (We took Lin there when she visited from England). We all ordered the Alaskan which had 3 kinds of crab, mussels, shrimp, sausage, clams, potatoes and corn. 
The girls were ready!
This is what it looked like when they put it on our table. 
Yes, I know there's a lot of shrimp left. While I love shrimp, I'm not a big fan of peel and eat shrimp. Not enough flavor. We had to prioritize stomach room, the shrimp were low man on the totem pole. But don't worry, we would never leave that food behind. I took them home for Kim to have leftovers. I'm a good sister like that.

Since we had some time before we had to drop the girls off, we made one last stop at 5 Coins near the airport for a drink and dessert. I wasn't impressed with their dessert menu but it was about enjoying the last few minutes with the girls. 

Then sadly it was time to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye to my girls but the pain is lessoned by the fact that I know I'll see them again. I love having friends who travel. The main reason I blog nowadays is so I can remember the great times I have with my friends. We're lucky to have each other (alright, we know how lucky they are to have me in their life, but I want to sound modest). 
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

So jealous! Wish I could have been there!

Leiha said...

We have a mallet waiting for you Su!