Sleepless in Seattle

Way back in Jan. Sharon and Julie decided that they wanted to come out to Seattle to go to a Diana Gabaldon event, we love our authors and as an extra bonus, Nancy and I lived there (well 30 minutes north of there). Well fast forward 6 months and I no longer live in WA. As I always say, never write my address in ink. Of course, I didn't want to miss out on any of the fun and I was a huge part of why they were going to Seattle (huge!) so I planned my trip home to visit my family to co-incide the with the girls visit.

Both Julie and Sharon have been out to WA in the last couple of years on separate visits but there's always things we think we should have done, after they left. This time we discussed what they wanted to do ahead of time (they're no help, they were down for anything) so I put together an itinerary, mostly an eating trip (that's what happens when you leave the itinerary up to me).

We landed Tue night and I knew we would be hungry, or at least I would be so we went to Toulouse Petit which has one of the best late night happy hours in the country! I didn't say that, their website says that. We took Dao and Michelle there when they were in town and I loved it but hadn't been back. I was worried that it would be too crowded but we were able to find a booth right away which was awesome! The hard part is for us to stop talking long enough to look at the menu. But somehow we paused in the conversation to order.

In this picture starting at the top left corner, crawfish beignets (I didn't want to order them but they ended up being fantastic) , oysters 3 ways (Sharon loved them so much she had a second order), mussels in saffron sauce (I had this before and was dreaming about them and it was as good as I remembered. I wish I had ordered more.), cajun meatloaf sliders (they were good but I wanted more seafood so I only had a bite) and sinister fried shrimp (fantastic!).

We also ordered barbecued shrimp New Orleans which is their version of shrimp and grits (good, just not as good as the sinister shrimp), manila clams with spanish chorizo (not as good as the mussels) and tuna tartare (I'm a sucker for anything raw. I loved it, didn't realize Julie didn't like fish, let alone raw fish, LOL).

They also make great mixed drinks there, Julie and I weren't drinking so Sharon and Nancy just ordered a drink, I can't remember what it was but it was delicious.

Afterwards we headed to Nancy's house where we proceeded to unwind and even tho we planned on going to bed right away (3 of us were on eastern time and Nancy can sleep whenever), Julie and I gabbed into the night and we could hear Sharon and Nancy chatting in their room. The best part about getting together isn't the eating, which I love, but the times when we're just lounging around talking and being with each other. I already know, the trip is going to go by way too fast!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :