Lin's visit at Casa de Leiha

So I was chatting with Lin, a regular blog poster and a friend from Karen's board who I've known online for awhile last month and she needed to take some vacation because she had so much of it (I have never had that problem, LOL). She had no plans for her vacation other then hanging around the house so I threw out there that she was welcome to come visit here. I offered her all the comforts of my home, such as a cat who bites and scratches, a hostess who insists on abandoning you for hours while she naps and Nancy's bed. Plus, I would expect her to try food she has never tried and had no inclination to try, what more could a person ask for? With an offer like that how could she turn it down?

I did tell her that if she wanted to do anything touristy things she needed to let me know because I'm not really a touristy person but Nancy was willing to take her places. Nancy is a wonderful hostess and has stories about everything in the area (and if you drive by where she works she will always point it out to you, just in case she didn't tell you the other 20 times you went by, LOL). Lin wanted to see the Boeing tour. Guess what we didn't do while she was here? To be fair, I did mention it a couple of times but Lin decided it wasn't high on her priority list and let's be real, it definitely wasn't high on mine, LOL. 

So basically all Lin did while here was eat. Now that's my kind of vacation! I was shocked and appalled when I found out she had never tried crab. Are the people in England savages? That had to be changed. It was funny because everywhere we went, my family's Thanksgiving, Nancy's family's Thanksgiving, Nancy's second cousin's morning after Thanksiving breakfast I told everyone she hadn't tried crab before and they all were as horrified as I was. So after the after Thanksgiving breakfast we headed to Seattle and wandered briefly around Pike Place Market and some other shops then headed to the Crab Pot. One of Nancy's favorite places to eat and mine too when you look at the pics. 

At the Crab Pot you can order meals where they pour the food on the table and you take your mallet and eat away. Now that's my kind of eating. Nancy looked at the menu and suggested one of the options on the menu, I pointed out the fact that her choice had NO crab in it! Instead we picked one that had king crab, dungeness and alaskan crab as well as mussels, clams, shrimp, corn and potatoes. We were excited and ravenous (well I don't know how excited Lin was, LOL). 
Mallets and bibs to eat our meal with, how exciting! The only thing that would have made it better would be eating it off of a hot 6 pack of male abs!Of course, once our food was dished up who had time to think about men?
OK, maybe Lin doesn't look as excited as I am but that's because she hadn't yet tried the crab! She did give it her thumbs up afterwards. Both her and I got full and couldn't finish but so we forced Nancy to eat all of the mussels and clams we couldn't. What a trooper! Nancy with the remains of our meal. She did the happy dance a few times while eating, LOL. We didn't waste precious stomach room on potatoes but the corn was pretty good also.

We also went and had Korean food which she enjoyed. She even tried some of the kimchees. Her deep dark secret, so glad I didn't know this before I invited her over was she had never had RICE! How can we be friends? She got the Kalbi and it was delish of course. Nancy's brother Edgar joined us as well as 2 of his friends, one of which was having a birthday so we had beef and cake, just what I was dreaming about beefcake!

The Vietnamese didn't go over as well. Since she had never had a Chinese egg roll she wasn't aware of how far superior the Vietnamese one was. She didn't finish her bun though which is the rice vermicelli noodle dish with pork and shrimp. She liked the pork, shrimp and noodles, just not all of the other things that came in the dish, LOL. But she tried and that made me happy.

For our last night we went to dinner at Anthony's for some good seafood and had some champagne with our meal.
It was a wonderful visit and I look forward to her next one. I found out the day she was going to the airport she has never had prime rib! Oh the horror!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

I miss you so much!!!
You're doing all of my favorite things; EATING!
I think the seafood medley you have is worth the flight out there. It looks delish and reminds me of the low-country boil that Nancy's aunt made for us.
What's the crab season out there?

Lin said...

Well other than the cat wanted to be all snuggly and being allergic I was not up for that, only scratched me once and that was because I wasn't informed of the "first one up" ritual LOL

If it was a different season I would have liked to do the ferry round the bay and some touristy things but you did lure me with reading and napping, so that was what I was expecting.

Oh dear I do look a little apprehensive about the crab! LOL but was all good once got to the eating! I think the main thing about not finishing the bun was I was still quite full from the Korean and cake we had at lunch but then hadn't had squash or zucchini before either. Are only so many new things a girl can take in one day LOL


We must have done something else besides eat!....Mmm lets see: a little shopping, a little cooking, a little reading, decorate the tree, and not forgetting the karaoke! Oh well yes eating about covers it really! LOL Oh and still dream of the sweet potato fries cooked in bourbon and the other Southern food, Mmm so yummy

Nes said...

I think I almost fell out of my bed when I read this!!!

Lin! Never tried crab? AND OH MY GAWD!!! NEVER TRIED RICE?! *shrieks*

Girl, I'm glad you visited Leiha!!! And I´m jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous!!! Look at the food on that table! That´s my kind of eating too! I think it´s time to plan a visit to the States again.....

You guys are looking great! And Nancy, did you lose more weight? You're looking fab!

Hugs,
Nes

Lin said...

LMAO @ Nes! Good job I left some deep dark secrets for next time then :D

NancyB said...

Yeah - Lin is welcome at our house anytime! We ate better when she was here than we do most of the time. I had to laugh though, we were trying to think of American food to feed her so I made Hamburger Helper... Lin didnt care for it at all LOL. I was just so excited to have it becaus on a normal day it is not allowed in our house - to fatning!

Lin said...

Nancy! you fed me too fattening food? LOL
I ate most of it, I just don't like pasta once its gone cold! Guess I didn't eat it fast enough heh but yes I'm afraid it came bottom out of all the food I had while I was there, but it was up against some pretty fab food after all :D

Hmm so I'm welcome back because of the food and not my wonderful personality and fabulous wit?!?! Good job there are still lots of food I haven't tried yet then LOLOL

Leiha said...

Brenda, anytime you need to run away from home you know that you are welcome here! We'll eat ourselves silly!

Well if we took a pic after you've eaten the crab maybe you wouldn't have been so scared, LOL. How could I forget the Prohibition Grill!?!?! We took Lin to a southern restaurant and we all ordered different things and shared. Lin had never had chicken fried steak, it was awesome. Her sweet potato fries had a brown sugar, maple and bourbon coating that was to die for. I think I ate more off her plate then my own LOL.

Nes, you totally should come this way! You and JK can climb Mt Ranier. I'll meet you at the bar, LOL.
Nancy and I are dragging our asses back to the gym. We do love food and it shows, LOL.

Lin said...

When I woke up earlier my first thought was a flashback to pumpkin pie cheesecake! That was so yummy too! So glad we had before the main LOL

Leiha said...

Yeah, we also went to Claim Jumper for lunch and since their portions are huge we decided to have dessert first. We were also very hungry, LOL. Good thing we did, I couldn't finish my salad and we would have missed out on the fabulous pumpkin pie cheesecake which would have been a shame.

Now you see why I have to go back to the gym LOL.