Barb's 60th birthday celebration!

A couple of weeks ago Nancy and I flew to San Francisco to help celebrate Barb's big day. We knew it just wouldn't have been the same without us, LOL. She also has been planning for awhile so we RSVP'd a year prior. Also joining the party were Su, Linda T, Linda W and Kandi! The party was in the Sonoma Valley and we had a hotel close to the venue. I would say there were about 50 or 60 of Barb's closest friend there. If you know Barb, you know she is well loved, deservedly so.

We had all come into town on Friday (well Linda T a little earlier to visit some other friends). Su came in first so of course I got a call from Barb and her while they were sucking down drinks at lunch, LOL. It was hard to understand Barb with that straw in her mouth! Nancy and I finally left to go join the party. I slept the entire flight and Nancy talked the entire flight. I don't know why people think I'm the loud one, LOL. Once the gals picked us up we went to join Linda W and Kandi for dinner. The food was decent, the service was awful but the company more then made up for it. After dinner we headed to Barb's where we were met by one of Barb's oldest friends Goose. I had heard her name for years and she just recently moved back to the area. I'm sure being descended upon by us was overwhelming but she held her own even when I was walking around making people feel my boobs and butt. Hey, there's a story behind that! Barb had some bust enhancing gel which she didn't know if it worked or not. She didn't have it for herself, her company used to sell it but they were discontinuing. I felt it was my duty to test out the product and let me tell you, I thought I had perky boobs, well the gel made me look like I had a boob job! It was awesome! My nipple was pointed up, it was cool! We tried it on Nancy but it didn't work as well so then we tried it on my butt. I could feel a little tightening and made everyone touch but they couldn't tell the difference so the boob cream doesn't lift butts (then again, I don't need much help in the butt department, LOL).

Saturday Barb had breakfast for us, bagels and cream cheese with fresh fruit! She even went and got coffee for those who drink it. We needed to be ready by noon, we had to re-pack for our overnight trip which is always stressful. I hate leaving clothes behind, I may need them! We were all ready on time and Linda T joined us and off we went to lunch. I can't remember the name of the pace but it was really cute and we sat outside and the weather was glorious and I was sad that I no longer live in California, LOL. The food was wonderful! Well except the pumpkin soup which a bunch of the girls got. The sandwiches were huge! I got a cobb salad. I do love me some cobb salad.

After lunch it was time to head to the hotel. It was a little over an hour to get there. I chose to nap. Are you surprised? As soon as we got checked in Barb, Su and Nancy were off to the bar to have drinks with some friends. Linda and I popped in to say hi but chose to start getting ready. Well Nancy did help bring our bags up so when we were going back down she was pushing me in the luggage rack down the hallway and then we switched. For some reason Linda didn't want to be pushed in the luggage rack, LOL.

The party started at 6, we were a little late. We'll blame it on the birthday girl, LOL. We all had our own table and I like to call our table the booby table. As you can see, cleavage galore, apparently most of the other party goers didn't get the memo, LOL. Here's a pic with the birthday girl and her posse. Barb can't resist herself and who can blame her?So a little over a month ago Barb called me about something she wanted to do during her party but I couldn't tell anyone. My response was, "not even Nancy?!?!" Not even Nancy. I agreed because you know I'm totally curious. Barb loved the movies Mama Mia and Priscilla Queen of the Desert and she wanted a Mama Mia moment at her party. Now who does Barb know who is willing to break into song? That would be moi LOL. She had already talked to Goose and her niece Erica. They were the only other ones in on it. The plan came together.

So at the end of dinner after people told Barb stories which was fun. I would have talked more during that time but I knew my time was coming, LOL. Her niece gave her herself as a birthday present. She will be moving in in the fall and told her at the party and said happy birthday. I wanted Nancy to get on the mic and say she was moving in but she wouldn't, LOL. Wuss! So Barb stands up to give her speech and my heart starts pounding. I was so nervous. I was hoping Barb would talk for hours. I thought, is this what a heart attack feels like? Will I even be able to talk, let alone sing? I don't know. Barb only knows the first verse of her song so I am supposed to interrupt immediately but you so know I waited til the last possible second to torture her, LOL. I know, I'm a good friend.

So finally I jump up and stop her. I tell her Barb, I can't believe you're singing! You said you were going to take singing lessons but it's obvious you hadn't. Su says she knew something was up when I wouldn't make eye contact and then sealed it when I was so mean. I had told Barb I was going to dis her. I honestly can't remember what else I said. All I know is, you could hear a pin drop, LOL. People were horrified. Well, they were horrified that Barb sang, then here I am interrupting her and then I grab the mic and start singing the first few lines of Dancing Queen.

You can dance, you can jive,
having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene,
dig in the dancing queen

At this point the music kicks in with the next part of the song. Goose and Erica were supposed to start singing at that point, they did not, LOL. But Goose started dancing and Erica started giving everyone boas and exactly what Barb wanted to happen happened. Practically everyone got up to dance and this begins the dancing part of the evening. I walked around the room singing the rest of the song and getting people to sing into the mic. Nancy was so shocked, both her and Linda thought I was trying to hog the spotlight making the night about me. What would ever give them that idea? Hmph!

I went to the hotel and changed so I would have to worry about keeping the sisters in all night. I also grabbed everyone's flip flops so we could dance up a storm. Barb was promised an asian sammich so she got one. Su was showing off her splits so I showed off mine. Notice how far away I was from the ground, LOL. Hey, at least I protected you all from the site of her crotch!

As you can imagine there was much mayhem on the dance floor. The DJ was awesome and played whatever song we requested. Which is why we did the time warp! So fun! Of course this being Barb's party there were shots (the pic I wanted to use I haven't seen). I only had a couple, Nancy and Su I'm not so sure, LOL. Barb was also serenaded. Maybe some spanking on the dance floor, not naming names, LOL. It was a fabulous party and everyone had a great time, most especially the wonderful birthday girl!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend her birthday! Very fun! Hopefully, you didn't have to get right up and leave the next morning.

Anonymous said...

What a great post and yall were so purdy!
zlooked like everyone had a blast.
I'm giggling picturing how that 'break into song and dance' part went.
Hope Barb had a really happy b-day party!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, Barb!
Wish I could've been there. I don't blame Barb for experiencing the Boob-a-licious Babes; I would have been groping them myself.
Everyone looks fantastic and I'm envious of Leiha's perky-gravity-defying boobs.
Happy 60th Barb!
Muah!

Chez said...

Happy birthday Barb. Looks like a great time was had by all, although I'd love to see shots of the spanking on the dance floor LOL.

Gennita said...

Happy Birthday, Barb, and as you usual, my favorite Party Animals showed me how to party right ;-).

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Why did you have to block my crotch?!?! I didn't even wear panties that day!!!

Lin said...

Looks like Barb had a fabulous birthday and lots of fun was be had by all!

Would have been great to have pics of the look on some of peeps faces when you interrupted Barb LOL

NancyB said...

Thank you for taking the time to blog about this great party! Leiha's blog is my blog because we are always together and so I can show my friends pictures via the blog!

We all looked great, Leiha's titties, my borrowed bling, it was great! I looked at my picture and it is now confirmed that gymsocks work great to stuff your bra...

Barb is such a special lady, and we were so lucky to spend this special day with her... and if I have to do shots to make her happy well darn it I will!

Leiha said...

The next day we did a fabulous wine tour but not til after noon so it was nice.

Tammy Barb says her birthday was perfect! She was so happy.

Brenda I know you would have been feeling me up, I expect nothing less, LOL.

Ha ha Chez! I'll have to ask those involved, LOL.

Jenna, Su and I sang Living on a Prayer at the top of our lungs on the dance floor. Nancy said we could be heard at the bar we were so loud. Reminded us of RWA!

That was what I smelled, ewwwwwwww.

I know that would have been cool to have pics of their reactions since I wasn't looking at anyone, LOL. I was too busy concentrating on what I needed to do.

Nancy you are a true friend, willing to drink for the cause!