Call off the search party...

I'm sorry if I worried you. I've been getting emails and phone calls lately from worried Mannions because I haven't updated my blog in awhile. There is nothing wrong, I promise. I don't have any excuse for not blogging, I have tons of things to blog about! I'd just gotten out of the habit of blogging. I will try and not let it go so long before my next update.

A couple of weeks ago Nancy and I went to Portland to visit with Linda who is back in town and also Nancy's cousin was having her bachelorette party that weekend but before I left I opened the door to start to carry things into the car and was greeted at the door with this!I saw the words king cake and had to stop packing up the car and grab some scissors so I can rip open the box. For those who don't know, king cake is currently used to celebrate mardi gras and to me like a giant cinnamon roll, only better! My friend Debbie who lives outside New Orleans and has been trying to get me back there sent the king cake. Now all of my friends know, the way to my heart is food, glorious food! So I look and drool but decide to wait til we get on the road to eat. I head out the door and go pick up Nancy at work. I scoot over to the passenger side and she immediately sees the cake in my lap. ROAD FOOD!

See how pretty and how big the king cake is? Well, I was very hungry, I hadn't eaten anything and Nancy was very hungry and she hadn't eaten anything so we ate a lot of king cake and a couple of hours later when we were hungry again we ate even more king cake. I got the baby so I'm responsible next year for the king cake. BTW, the king cake stayed soft for days, it was awesome! You know what we had for breakfast and snacks LOL.

So once we finally got thru traffic and made it to Portland we went to Linda's to grab her and neighbor Jim and we were off to Morton's to celebrate Nancy and mine's birthday since Linda was out of town for them. Now Linda wanted us to behave since Morton's is one of her favorite haunts. You know that can be hard for me but I tried, LOL. I did turn pink though when I mentioned something to our waiter about my birthday spanking *G*.

The food was fabulous. We had a cold seafood appetizer which we all shared. Do you see the size of the shrimp! The lump crab meat was awesome as was the lobster. The only thing not fabu was the oysters but they were still good. We all ordered steaks and had some wonderful sides to go with it, mushrooms and spinach, asparagus, garlic potatoes and roasted potatoes. It is hard to figure out which I enjoyed the most. Unfortunately, the drinks I had gave me a little bit of a stomach ache so I couldn't eat a lot of my steak (don't worry I ate the rest of that monster the next day for lunch, LOL). We also shared a dessert. It was a souffle (I can't remember the flavor) and Nancy made a comment about wanting extra whipped cream. So he gives her more but she wants all that was left. She was so excited. She wasn't so excited when we made her eat every bite of it. You saw all of the food we had. That was a mountain of whipped cream. Maybe if she didn't make him give her ever more whipped creme we wouldn't have made her eat it all. She says she doesn't know if she can ever eat whipped cream again. Don't worry, that only lasted a day!

After our meal we went into the bar to have a drink of champagne and Linda's friend and my old tango dance partner Bruce joined us. While there the people sitting next to us were buying cigars and offered us one. We all declined but they still bought one for neighbor Jim. Nancy and I were intrigued since we had never smoked a cigar before. We both tried a couple of puffs, mainly for the picture opportunity.
The problem was, you couldn't see the smoke! So of course we had to do a video!

It's late so I'll have to share the rest of our weekend with you on my next post.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

That was so fun Leiha, I relived our trip to Mortons. My stomach is aching just a little thinking about all that whipped cream - You and Linda are such meanies.

I cant see what you blog about next.

Lin said...

LOL looks like perfect road food to me!

Aww poor Nancy she looks to be hating that whipped cream lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice to see you back. Joe is doing our Wai Kru Ceremony this Friday, FYI

Rhyadawn said...

Your alive!!! Good to see you again!

Chez said...

Wooohooo so you ARE still blogging. I was even about to send you an email myself to check all was well. That king cake thing looks yummy. I always wondered what they looked like (probably could have googled, but you know I'm lazy).

In other news my Faefever book finally arrived yesterday so I get to read it and then check out all the comments I've been avoiding.

Bo said...

Add me to the list of worried Mannions.I thought about EMing you about it,but then figured you must be having a helluva good time somewhere & that the pics and story would be worth the wait *G*

Now that King Cake looks scrumptious & sugar packed.It would probably make my teeth hurt but would be soooooo good,LOL.

At least you saved the steak! That is most unfortunate,the drinks temporarily interfering with meat consumption *G* The seafood looks yummy,too.Now I want to go to Red Lobster & pig out...

You stogie siren! 'Suck it,baby!' *snort*

Anonymous said...

I was just about ready to shoot a flair for you, chick! Looks like another good time was had by all and love the pic of Nancy LOL forcing herself to eat that whipped cream! ;o)

Hey, did you inhale that bad boy you're smokin' there?!

Leiha said...

LOL, you can't wait to read my bogs because you're in them so much now! Pretty soon it will be the adventures of being us!

Don't let that girl fool you, as soon as I mentioned what kind of whipped cream I wanted to make for Thanksgiving she was all over it!

Give my love to Joe! I miss you guys!

Hey girl, yes, I'm alive. Is this the first time you're posting? You know now that I know you lurk you have to post more often, LOL.

Yes, I'm still blogging, just been a major slacker lately, I will try to be better. Let me know what you think of Faefever. I'm glad it finally arrived.

LMAO, you would think I was better at sucking it! Hey Bo, you know I would never abandon my Mannions! In fact I have prizes to give away. Maybe I'll save it for the holidays.

Christy, I don't inhale, I swallow EG! I'm sorry I missed your birthday, I hope it was fabulous!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad ya'll loved the King Cake! Now if you'd only get down here, you can get beignets, etouffee, snow balls, charbroiled oysters, crawfish fettuccini....
*now I'm hungry*