No sleep til Athens

Our adventure in Athens has begun, it only took two days in the air. Ok, not quite two days but we left at 12:45pm on Monday and got here at 7pm on Tuesday. I haven't figured out the time difference to give you the exact travel time but it was a lot. Would have been here sooner but just as we were taxing the runway leaving the airport a man had a seizure and when the paramedics came he didn't want to leave the plane. An hour later he did. At least it happened before we got in the air, otherwise we would have had to make an emergency landing in Paris. We also had many doctors on the plane who jumped into action before the flight attendants even got there.


By the time we left WA it was nap time for me anyway so I had no problems sleeping for a couple of hours, then I picked up my kindle to catch up on my reading. I wanted to read my Dianna Love books but because I transferred my books from my old kindle I have to delete then renown load from amazon, not going to happen in the air so I started reading a Shana Abe book. It's YA wish I had known that before I started reading lol, I'm not a big YA person.



In DC Nancy and I met up with Su at a restaurant, we were watching the football game (was a rough start to our fantasy football season) but once Su got there the cackling began and we stopped watching the game. The chatter continued on on the plain but once we took off we stopped being the loud obnoxious (funny in our own mind) travelers and turned on the movies. Best thing about traveling overseas is the free movies. It was a Channing Tatum fest with 21 Jump Street (hilarious) and GI Joe 2 (boring). Then I slept some more. You know who wasn't sleeping. Nancy, which is funny because she usually never has a problem sleeping. She made up for the flight from London to Athens. She was so tired she barely paid attention to all the action with the sick man. I rely on her bionic ears so had to gossip with my neighbors instead.



We finally got to Greece a bit travel worn. A lot of people around us were chattering away excitedly, we were too tired to be excited.It was a loud flight but I did love Aegean air, they gave everyone a piece of candy before take off and Su says the wine was free too. Plus the flight attendants were gorgeous and wore scarves with their beautiful uniforms.


The metro was a bit confusing for us but we figured it out and a Greek man took pity on us and told us he would let us know what exit we were getting off of. We then asked a motorcycle cop how to get to our location, he was no help but Nancy had it mapped out and guided us in.



We are staying in an apartment we rented thru airbnb. Since we are renting a car and heading out tomorrow we just needed a place to sleep. We will be coming back here. We will be using this apt for nights and the total per person is $100, you can't beat the price!



We asked out neighborhood grocer where we should go eat and he pulled out take out menus, lol. We told him we didn't want fast food, turns out a lot of restaurants deliver and it's cheaper then if you eat in. He gave us directions to a neighborhood restaurant. When we asked him the name of it he just shook his head. You can see why.


As soon as Sharon got here (she was in town already and meeting up with us) we headed out to get some food. We hadn't eaten since DC because I didn't want to spend a fortune in London. I had dollars and euros and didn't want to convert any money just for a snack or pay a fee to use my card. Luckily we weren't that hungry but by the time we got here we were starving. The restaurant didn't have an English menu so our cute greek waiter let us know what they had and answered any questions. We were just giddy to be there.



The ladies were ready for a drink!


I was more excited about the olives.



Since their menu was Greek to us we went with the souvlaki. It was pork, so tender and juicy. They also put fries on too.


Totally delicious! Almost as delish as our cute young waiter who was bring pimped out by his co-worker to us.


He was smiling in the pic before this but it didn't turn out. We will have to go back and get another pic. :)


Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :