Lazy days and Sundays

The day actually started off with a breakfast cooked for us by Kostas and Linda. Kyrimi is a bed and breakfast but you can rent the rooms a little cheaper without the breakfast which was a bad call on our part! Their breakfast was delicious! Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, sausage, cereal, pastries and eggs cooked to order. We ate until we were stuffed and sat around chatting and laughing. It was some kind of holiday and one of their neighbors came by and offered all of us pieces of an olive branch that had been blessed. Really, can this town get any more charming?

Because Sharon had to leave us today (dang her plans to fly to Italy!) we stayed close to home. We decided to lay out on the dock. We were almost in the water, we could feel the spray from the waves. It was amazing. Keep in mind that we move on island time, even tho we weren't on an island. By the time we got out to the dock it was already the afternoon. 


Once Sharon finished packing we wandered into town where she was going to meet her bus and had a final coke with her. While it is sad to say goodbye to our gorgeous, wonderful, amazing friend, we were comforted by the fact that we'll meet up again. But for some reason I always get choked up saying goodbye to Sharon. I must say again how lucky I am to have friends who love to travel as much as I do. Sharon lives in FL and I've seen her 3 times this year and who knows, maybe a 4th time before the year is out!

We had plans to go to this local tavern that Kostas had told us about our first night there. It's a very meat oriented place which is why we didn't go there originally. We wanted seafood! But we've been eating so much seafood that we were all craving something bloodier. The only problem was, they were closed! Kostas had no idea they were closed, he had plans to meet friends there for dinner too. At least he let us know before we drove there (a second time). Since Kostas had plans we invited Linda to join us for dinner. The best part of this, besides her wonderful self was Linda took us to a place that only locals go to up in the mountains. I could tell you the name of it but then I'd have to  kill you. OK, I couldn't, I don't know the name. It's all Greek to me!

We walked up and you can smell the meat off of the grill. Su felt like she was at home. I think I saw a tear in her eye. We went with the classics, souvlaki, potato wedges (perfectly cooked, crisp on outside, soft inside), greek salad and biftekia (sounds like beef steak-e-a)
One of my favorite greek salads while I was in Greece. That feta was amazing!
Biftekia looks like a hamburger but it has tons of herbs in it and is incredibly flavorful. I loved it with tzakiki. We tried it as a couple of other restaurants while in Greece but none were better then these. 


I love when we're given fresh fruit for dessert. They gave us figs and we ate them so quickly they gave us more. You can eat with skin or without, I tried both ways, I prefer not eating the skin. 


It was a fun dinner, listening to Linda's stories about life in Greece was fascinating and since Linda also lives in Seattle it was fun to also talk about our lives here. I look forward to catching up with here now that we're all home. 

We were the last people to leave, as usual. I don't know what they say about the Greeks partying all night long, they can't hang with us Americans! I guess once it's off season, they decide they can sleep. 

Once we got back to the room we got to talking. Our original plan for Monday was to go back to the Temple of the Gods and spend more time at the pool but we realized we were going to be crunched for time in Athens so why not leave a day early and get an extra day in Athens? We're crazy like that! 
Since we decided to leave the next day I took some pics when we wandered downtown to get online. 


Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :