Egg Nog Bread

My friend Stephanie recently posted a photo of some egg nog bread that she made and it looked so delicious I asked for the recipe, after all, I have some home made egg nog sitting in my fridge waiting to be imbibed, or in this case, eaten.

I just made a batch and my roommate delivered them to my family, still warm. My sister called me and the first words out of her mouth were, "tell me you have more muffins!" You can't beat that reaction!

My sister was surprised to hear this was made with egg nog. She was like me, she didn't think she liked egg nog. If you have tried egg nog in the past and not liked it, I would recommend making your own. It makes all of the difference.



EGGNOG BREAD

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups of regular eggnog (not low fat)
2 tsp Spiced Rum
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter @ room temperature
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray your loaf, muffin etc. pan with non stick spray with flour.
In your mixer using the paddle – mix together the eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter. The butter will remain clumpy but that is just fine. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until incorporated. Avoid over mixing. Again, the butter will remain clumpy and this is to be expected. The butter will melt when cooking. Pour into your prepared choice of pan(s). Bake your mini loaves for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. A regular loaf pan will take about 45-55 minutes. It took about 26 minutes for muffins.

Rum glaze:
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
2 tsp eggnog
2 tbl Spiced Rum
1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg

Whisk together and pour over your cooled eggnog bread. It doesn't look like much, I almost doubled the glaze but didn't and I still have some left over.

My edits: Since I'm out of nutmeg I used pumpkin pie spice which is a wonderful substitute. My egg nog has rum so I didn't add any to the muffin mix or glaze. I used egg nog in place of the rum in the glaze. Tasted wonderful!


Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :