Luscious Slush Punch

For the holidays we like to make a punch for those of us who don't drink that is also pretty kid friendly. A super easy punch is a carton of rainbow sherbet ice cream dumped into a punch bowl with 7-up. It tastes delicious but you can't really drink much of it, it's pretty sweet and it doesn't quench your thirst. 

So back to allrecipes I went. I found this recipe and it had so many raves I had to try it. I made it for the first time a few years ago and it's now my go to holiday punch. I went to a party this weekend and Linda wanted a drink for her guests that wasn't alcoholic, I volunteered to bring this. It was a hit! I had no doubt:)

Here is the link to the original recipe. I only made one significant change, I adjusted the sugar level.

Luscious Slush Punch
Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
6 cups of water
1 box (6oz) of strawberry jello
1 can (46 oz) pineapple juice
1 quart (32 oz) orange juice
2/3 cup lemon juice
2 (2 liter) bottles of 7-Up (or any other lemon-lime soda)

To make this recipe more economical you can use frozen concentrate juices, just make the juice then measure it out. 

Bring the sugar, water and jello to boil in a large pan. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in pineapple, orange and lemon juices. Divide into 2 separate containers as evenly as possible. What I do is pull a gallon sized freezer ziplock over the lip pitcher or pan and then use a ladle to put the liquid into it. Others have used poured into old 2 liter bottles using a funnel. Let the liquid cool and then freeze them.  You must make this recipe at least one night ahead of time. 

On the day you plan on making the punch pull one bag out to defrost in your fridge. A couple of hours later pull out the second bag. You want the bag to be at a slushy consistency when you use. Combine the slush with a bottle of 7-Up. If your slush hasn't defrosted all the way you can use two forks to pull it apart. 

This drink is wonderfully refreshing and you don't have to worry about ice watering it down. It's also pretty amazing mixed with champagne or vodka if you want to spike your drink. 

Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :