checking in...

Remember the dips I told you Linda was going to make? Well I tasted them and they were divine (of course!). She made a smoked salmon dip and an artichoke crab dip which was a warm dip, mmmm. I even used some for my road food the next day, I spread the salmon on a pita for my breakfast, LOL. We then went to happy hour at Jake's Famous Crawfish because I was in the mood for oyster shooters. The mussels and spring rolls were awesome. The mac and cheese was made with gorgonzola and bacon but was just ok. The tempura sushi roll wasn't very good but we didn't realize we needed to eat it hot and it was the last thing we tried.
After that we headed next door to take Linda's picture for the MacHalo tour. It's my favorite picture so far. I was going to show it to you but decided to wait until we launch the new page that we have for the tour. FYI, next door is Spartacus, an adult store LOL.

Neighbor Jim got called into work so he couldn't join us for happy hour so while Linda went to yoga I went to dinner with Neighbor jim. I know, I just ate! I had an app of some riblets. They were tasty. The owner brought us by a free dessert. It was a decadent chocolate putting with whipped cream, mmmm. It was fun catching up with Neighbor Jim.

So Wed Linda left for skiing before I even woke up. Once I woke I quickly got cleaned up and headed on to the road. The gps system I got at Xmas has been a god send during this trip. I put in Barb's address and off I went. Nancy kept you updated on that part of my trip.

Since I let Barb know what time I would get in she had dinner ready for me, a delicious chicken salad! Then we watched Lost and Top Chef, felt like I was at home, which I was, Barb's home is my home, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

The food looks yummy.
Thanks for taking pics!
I'm glad you got there safely with no car worries this time.

Keep us posted.