The road trip has begun...

While I was in Cali for Barb's birthday last Oct I decided I wanted to go to her house for a month since I can work from anywhere, why not work where it was warmer? Plus, the weekend was great but so action packed. I wanted to just spend some time lounging with Barb as well as visiting with friends in the area who I didn't get to see the last time I was there. Since I was going to the SF area I might as well go to LA right?

Turns out my friend Julie is having an engagement party in LA the first weekend in Feb (which is funny cause she lives in SF now so I was planning on seeing her when I went there) so I planned my LA visit around that. I also decided to take the MacHalo with me while I'm driving everywhere and now I have even more plans to meet up with people and what was once a lazy trip to Cali, just going at my own speed (which you all know is slow) has suddenly become so scheduled I can't remember who I'm meeting when. I brought it upon myself, LOL.

Of course, if I'm driving south I'm stopping in Portland. I had lunch plans with some of Karen's fans so they could get a pic with the Machalo and to meet them. I planned on waking up at 7am and leaving at 8:30am. Instead I woke up at 8:30! I set my alarm on my phone but apparently didn't have the volume up, it didn't even phase me, and I'm not someone who oversleeps. I guess that means I need to pull my alarm clock out of my trunk. I haven't had much use for it since my move, LOL.

Did I mention I hadn't packed yet? So I was throwing all kinds of things in my suitcase, including my swim suit hoping it's really warm in LA. I want my sister to be jealous of my tan, LOL. I know I forgot some things but so far haven't thought of anything big. My major thing was to remember the MacHalo and my camera. I figure if I need some clothes I can always buy it, LOL. It's hard to pack for 4 or 5 weeks. I have problems packing for a weekend, LOL.

I made it to Portland at 12:30, thank goodness it was a holiday yesterday! I hung out with Linda for a few minutes and checked my email since I didn't have much time when I woke up LOL. The sun was shining so much I think my face was tanning. I had to turn off the heat and crack the window.

Lunch was fabulous. We were a little late, Linda and I were so busy talking we missed a turn, LOL. We'll soon have a website up with pics of the Machalo Tour but of course I'll show you a pic of moi! Linda made her homemade guacamole for me last night, mmmm.

Tonight we're off to happy hour and then staying mellow since I'm leaving early in the morning for Barb's and Linda is going skiiing. I'm a little sad that I won't be here tomorrow night to watch Lost with Linda and her gang, she's making apps for it. Good thing she's making them today since she will be out all day tomorrow. Lucky me, I get to be the taste tester!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :