The girls are back in town...

So Linda W drives her parents up every year to see family and while her parents are visiting so is Linda. Originally we were going to do Portland but Nancy couldn't get Sat off of work so we decided to meet in WA. I left Portland Fri morning and timed it so that I could get to Sea-Tac in time to pick up Aimee who was flying in from Eastern WA and if I hadn't left 10 minutes late it would have been perfect, LOL.

Once I picked Aimee up we drove to Nancy's work to pick her and her co-worker up for lunch. Aimee has been a faithful reader for years and knows of my love of Korean food so she wanted to go eat Korean and since Nancy also loves Korean that's where we went for lunch. We found a different Korean restaurant then the one Nancy mapquested. They had a $7 lunch special, we were sold LOL. Korean food is not cheap like Vietnamese food is.

I ordered what I always order, the kalbi. Nancy was wondering if we should also order bulgogi and I told her she can order bulgogi but I'm ordering kalbi, LOL. Everyone ordered the kalbi and I do believe Aimee is now as much of a fan of korean food as I am. Looking at Nancy's plate do you think she enjoyed her meal? To be fair, they brought out our plates first and there was a huge wait for the next two plates. It was weird. Luckily there was all of the side dishes to keep the gals happy.

After lunch we dropped off Nancy and headed home. I was tired so I crawled into bed to take care of some things on the puter and Aimee crawled into bed next to me to read while we waited for Linda and Sandra to show up. They got caught in rush hour traffic so we lounged a bit more then planned but you know I have no problem lounging. Once the gals showed up we chatted for a few and then Aimee and I went to the grocery store to stock up. Sure we could have done this while lounging but we were too busy lounging, LOL. Linda came up with the salad idea so we got tons of fixings for salad and had a salad bar. My sis had dropped my nephew off for the weekend. He's used to being around people of all ages and there was food everywhere so he was happy, LOL.

Nancy came home while we were eating and then her friends Arturo and Sarah stopped in with ice cream (gotta love that!) for dessert. We were all having a nice normal conversation until Nancy said she preferred Richard over Jean Claude in the Anita Blake series and we all went off. That's when Arturo and Sarah realized how passionately we love our books, LOL. Did I mention they also brought cones that had a chocolate layer on the inside? Delish!

I can't even remember how late we all stayed up talking or what all we talked about. It was just wonderful to be around each other.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Sounds like a great time,and YUM! on the cones w/ chocolate.

I'm glad you got to see Lin & Sandra,and Aimee again,and I can just imagine the reaction about the books,LOL.LindaW has told me about Richard on the phone,that I'd hate him.I think I told her that one Richard causes me enough problems as is,I don't need any more,LOL.To me there is nothing quite like talking books with a fellow RBL,it is wonderful!

Nothing wrong with lounging around reading,I plan on doing that for the next four days,if Ash would hurry up & get here *G*

Rosie said...

Aww, that sounds so cool! There's nothing like good times, good friends and good book talk. Oh, and good food!! I'm totally jealous. But the big question is . . . WHERE'S THE PICTURES???

Hugs,
Ro

Aimee Elizabeth said...

It was SO awesome to see you again girl, I love how we can all be so long apart and then fall together like no time has passed.
You already know you're the best cuddle-buddy LOL

I looooved the korean, I'm having my family take me out for my b-day dinner (belated) after we get home from our Hells Canyon trip. Yummy.

K & I went blueberry picking a few days ago, we got 27lbs of the lil buggers, I froze 3 gallons for pies & such this winter, the rest we are just eating. There was a 5 gallon bucket filled to the brim!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time!! How much better can it get than lounging, chatting, and eating ice cream???

Can't wait to see some pictures!!